+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Nice to a fault

Nice to a fault

I think I am nice to a fault. I often go out of my way for people doing things and helping them. I always find myself saying yes when I should say no. I also like to party and apparently when I am drunk I like to buy people drinks and shots. I have just gotten sick lately of people taking my generosity as a weakness and starting to expect me to do whatever they want. And if I don't they get pissed off at me. Ever go to dinner with a friend of the same sex and have the feeling they expect YOU to pay because you have been so generous before. I am just sick of being nice and people starting to feel entitled. I am done being nice, it is a sad lesson to have to learn. I have to change myself because so many people are greedy and self-centered. I guess its my turn now haha!

You will get hang arounds that will sniff out every opportunity to get a free drink or meal. They are not true friends. I am like you and do like to be the one to grab the bill or buy tickets for a concert, but they usually do return the favor with drinks or insist on paying next time, so you are hanging around with a bunch of scrubs. It's time to weed out the freeloaders by cutting them off and saying, "Hey! Isn't it your turn to buy?" Maybe then you will end up with one or two that are gracious enough to return the generosity.

I feel like I have to edit my generosity anymore I am sick of people being stingy and entitled. Don't expect shit from me if you aren't willing to give in return a friendship/relationship isn't about financial gain. I realize money can't buy you friends but it sure can buy you freeloaders haha!

yup it sure can.