+ Follow This Topic

Thread: what does his actions mean?

what does his actions mean?

I like a friend of mine a lot, almost to the point where I can't stop thinking about him. I've just ended a long term relationship (3 months ago) and this guy is a friend of a friend of my ex, basically they know each other. I've hung out with him a few times and each time I get the feeling that he might feel the same way, but then again I don't know. Some things that he does that makes me think he might like me include: jokes about making out, commented on my new hair cut/color right away & said "I like it", calls me by a silly nickname, when I was with my ex he never hugged me but now he does when saying hello & good bye, his friend told me that he is a great guy and any girl would be lucky to have him. I only see him every so often, but we are both busy with our jobs/school. When we do hang out we talk a lot and it's easy to talk to him, usually we end up sitting next to each other. He knows that my previous relationship didn't end so well, I try not to talk about it around him 'cause I don't want that to be the focus of our conversation. I'm just wondering if he hasn't said or done anything because he's giving me time to get over my ex, but our relationship has been over even before I left my ex. Just want to hear what you think. Thanks

Yes I think he likes you for dating material. But he is too shy to take it further, because you haven't told him you like him. So, if you like him, tell him! Be specific and direct. Say "I woudn't mind dating you sometime. Are you available?"

I always use the word "date" so there is no confusion for anyone.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)