+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Help with personal relationships... plz help!

Help with personal relationships... plz help!

I recently turned 20 years old and have had this dilemma for quite some time. My dilemma is, that I have trouble forming close relationships with people. Here's an example: My co-workers never talk to me during break... I always have to initiate it by saying hi. I am extremely friendly and smile... I have good body language. No one ever tells me about what they did the following night or no one ever invites me out. My boss when she is having a meeting with my co-workers and I will barely look at me... it's like I'm invisible. I mean, she will look but it's fleeting and she barely speaks to me. She talks to everyone but me it seems like. I have the same trouble with men... whenever I go out with them they don't seem to notice me or even talk to me and when we're having a conversation they don't even look at me. I feel different in a negative way... I need some input badly.

When I go to work I'd be happy most of the time if everybody would leave me alone! I remember this Chinese woman started working in accounts department, she was actually really lovely but very lonely and you could tell with the smile she was really kind of nervous and lonely and insecure. Well not many people interacted with her, maybe you have a similar problem? I think you need to trust there is nothing wrong with you and chill out. Could be wrong I am not some psychoanalyst.

Just relax and take it easy I guess. People are weird and you have to handle them very psychologically. For example, when you're too nice/ easy to get your attention, people seem to take it for granted as they know that they can count on having it every time they interact with you. It's a scarcity thing. Like how over-friendly people that I meet sometimes have to go way out of their way for some company. I don't know I'm just throwing ideas as I don't know your nature or how you're like. I guess my point is maybe if you're more reserved, people may find it more intriguing.

Then again, the fault may not even lie with you. Maybe your workplace is just a cold place, or for some reason, people have a prejudice against you? Any thoughts on how this may happen? Did you do something that caused people to bad-mouth you? Was it something you said? It could be something small even, who knows. Give it a little time and have some patience I guess.

Just my 2 cents..