+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Here is the Deal and tell me what you think?

Here is the Deal and tell me what you think?

I have been hanging out with this girl recently and we went out on a date and things went well and we hung out a few more nights before she left for vacation. We made out a lot but thats as far as we got. Since she just broke up with her bf of a year and a half she says she isnt ready for a relationship but that we could keep on doing what we were doing. She went on vacation and was drinking and ended up making with 4 diffrent guys in a weeks span so obviously kissing to her doesnt mean anything but I always have to call her now and if I ask her to call me she doesnt call back. So the other night I told her I was sorry I wasted her time but she didnt know what I meant by that and then I told her I wanted to know what she thought of me and she said I was a nice guy but she really didnt know me. Well since we're not official she has all the right to go out with other guys but it just bugs me that she is making out with them and stuff and that she doesnt ever call me or start conversations with me while we're online. What should I do?

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    i would tell you to forget her. she's not interested in a relationship now and she's not really interested in you. she's just looking for some fun which is why she's making out with all these different people. if you want something serious from her, you might have to wait a long time and she will go through a lot of guys. don't waste your time. raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

Sounds kind of harsh but I completely agree with Illusional.
    Heit ist mein taug.

She's just hurting dude. She's probably still in love with her last boyfriend. She's taking it out the cheap the way ---- flings. Don't get in the path of her destruction. However, she may appreciate you for life if you talk to her about her ex, and how she is acting now. She is using boys to make her feel her worth again. I say, ask her how she is feeling from her boyfriend. She will probably say, "okay"

I have a quote from the movie, "The Thomas Crown Affair:"
    "Yeah, I was okay once, too. I ****ed five girls in three days, and flipped my car on the on-ramp."

She is probably in denial. Help her out of it. (If you want to sacrifice the time and energy and possibly even emotions.) Otherwise, MOVE ON.

Stay strong my brother,
    "I still find each day too short for all the thoughts I want to think, all the walks I want to take, all the books I want to read, and all the friends I want to see."
    - John Burroughs

Here's what's going on, I've seen this time after time. One time in particular, I was 25 or 26 at the time. I met this girl at work. She was a customer. Anyway, we went out a few times, had sex, started dating, ok whatever. She had a 3 year old son, and was divorced btw. Every couple of evenings the most annoying thing happened almost like clockwork. She would get a call from her ex husband about this or that or whatever. Well every time they talked, it ended up turning into a compitition to see who could hang up on the other, the most times. (she would call back, and hang up, he would call back and hang up, etc) Anyway, I stayed out of it. Let's see, she had been divorced for under a year I think. A couple of months into the relationship, she decided, or decided to tell me rather, that we were sexually compatible, and she wanted to persue a "friends with benefits" type relationship, as she had decided she wasn't ready for the emotional part of it being freshly divorced. At least the girl you are seeing told you this up front, you see by now, I am already emotionaly involved with this girl. So, as you can immagine I had a very difficult time not letting my emotions get involved. We finally broke up alltogether after about another month. Ok, like shafkore said, she is recovering from a relationship. I was her rebound. A lot of people use sex/intimacy as a crutch when they are hurting. Often times people do this knowingly and are deceptive as to their intentions, this usually hurts the other person involved. If you want to be her "crutch" and be part of something where all you do is give, and all they do is take, then go ahead. I doubt you would though. My sugestion is to not persue this, you obviously don't want the same thing she does. And even if you do just want sex out of it, you might want to think about how safe it is to have sex with someone who is "making with 4 diffrent guys in a weeks span ". Be her friend if you want, if she wants. Maybe concentrate on helping her get over her ex in a more constructive way. But please, if nothing else, move on. YOU WILL GET HURT if you persue this! Oh, did I mention that my ex (the one in this story) is back together with her ex husband? At first I thought this was strange, but then I realized that's what she wanted all along, and had no problem trading me in when the time came. Talk about being someones "safety". Always be weary of anyone who sugests being "friends with benefits", their motives usualy aren't what you might first think. Don't get me wrong, I have a couple of friends(girls) that have no problem having sex with me and staying friends, however, it's not a common thing to have happen, and even less common for it to work properly. And no, I don't see these girls when I am not single.
    Problems cannot be solved at the same level of awareness in which they were created. --Albert Einstein