+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I think I love my best friend who claims not to love me back but sends mixed signals?

I think I love my best friend who claims not to love me back but sends mixed signals?

In the last 2 months I've become really close to a girl who is now my best friend. We have so much in common and share a lot of the same quirks and interests.

Lately I've not been eating much because whenever I think of her, I feel sick and my chest becomes heavy... When I'm with her it's even worse.

She sends signals to me, the way she hugs me and talks to me and says she's always there for me is just so sweet. I've talked to her about this, and she said "I wish I could feel the same way about you, but I don't want to risk our friendship".

This is fair enough, as when her and her ex split up last year she was heartbroken, and still is. She misses him and still loves him but he is not interested in her in that way anymore.

I can't help the way I feel about her, I've gotten very close to her and we text every day. We spend near enough every day together. Whether it's her coming round to my house or me coming to see her in her volunteer job...

I think she has feelings for me, but doesnt want to make them known too much as she knows i'll read into it too much and start to "risk the friendship" more.

Has anyone got any tips of what I can do with this? I don't wanna lose her as a friend but I also wanna be with her... I also have patience issues, this is making me feel down nearly every day :/

Thanks

well you know about mixed signals, sometimes you wish they were mixed when they aren't

Quote Originally Posted by andstuff View Post
    well you know about mixed signals, sometimes you wish they were mixed when they aren't
    What ya mean mate?

You're in the friend zone. Accept it and deal with it. She only wants to be friends with you. It will never be more.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)

i mean maybe it's wishful thinking on your part and there's really nothing mixed about them?

Ahh, Friend Zone, we meet again... Man this sucks ='/