+ Follow This Topic

Thread: What is she doing?! Why is she acting like she doesn't care?!

What is she doing?! Why is she acting like she doesn't care?!

Me and my gf broke up, officially, 2 weeks ago now. It happened because she cheated on me, and then said she just wants time to be single and enjoy uni. Which is fair enough I guess. She wanted us to stay 'best friends' and carried on texting and ringing me, we even kissed a few times.

I decided that I couldn't carry on like that because I still had feelings for her, and if she wanted to be friends, I'd have to distance myself to stop those feelings. She didn't quite understand why and thought it was normal to be friends....but anyway, I applied th no contact rule for a few days, and it killed me, after speaking to someone 24/7 for 3 years, with so much love between us and we literally only argued for th last part of our relationship...it was hard! So on Sunday I decided to text her and say that it was hard and I miss her loads. Her reply was basically "you know I want us to jus be friends, too much has happened now for us to even try and get back together. I really couldnt"

So that confused me! And it transpires that she is seeing the person she cheated on me with. After a week and a bit of breaking up. It makes me think it's been going on for longer!! Why doesn't she show any signs of caring, and how can she jus throw all we had away?! Is she just immature towards it?! My best friend got angry at her and text her a few realities....she replied saying she still has feeling for me and still loves and cares for me....BULLSHIT! She wouldn't treat me this way if she did.

I honestly, cannot understand it, it's not her. It's like she's been possessed by something!! Everyone has said how she's acting so out of character...she's not a liar, or a cheat....but she is being. I just wish i understood. I've blocked and deleted her from everything...but still can't stop wanting her :-(

Dude move on....she cheated, she wants to be free to explore her options....stop analyzing something that is so over.

If you love her then, you can't be friends with her.
    She's probably acting this way because she fallen out of love and reason why she cheated was because she stopped loving you.
    If she loves you that much then, she wouldn't cheat on you, she would stay faithful to you.
    You should just move on since most likely, she won't have the same feelings towards you anymore since she is still with the same guy (Who she cheated) Which means, she chose him and have already moved on.

Funny how they always wanna be "best friends' after they break your heart.
    Dude. This girl does not love you , does not respect you. She CHEATED on you!
    Shake off the shackles. She ain't worht a single thought.

Why did you even talk to her again after she cheated on you? If my gf told me that I'd show her to door and tell her not to bother calling ever again.
    "All is fair in love and war." - Francis Edward Smedley

She does still love and care about you, just not in a romantic way. She probably fell out of love with you quite a while ago (otherwise she wouldn't have cheated). Her mistake was not to break up with you as soon as she realized she was no longer in love with you. But it's done now, no point in thinking about it over and over. If you still have feelings for her take your time to get over her, then maybe some time in the future you'll be able to be friends. Don't think that she doesn't care for you, she just isn't in love with you anymore.

My ex cheated on me and she dumped me 2 months ago. I know how it feels like. I also never thought she could do such thing ever. Even my friends don't believe it at first. It doesn't seem like her at all, they all say. But hey, I guess people change.

My advice is, accept that it's over and move on. You deserve someone better than her.

It's all good trying to believe she fell out of love with me, but when she showed no signs of it happening and we were 100% fine and normal with eachother, I find it very hard to comprehend.

In my head right now, I am SO unbelievably angry at her, because she is (normally) the most loyal and loving person - altho she may not show it at times - she was the only person I could 100% trust, and who I had a normal relationship with...no jealousy...no arguments...she got on with my friends like they were "our" friends, me and her were like best friends as well as lovers. And for this to happen, has just taken a huge chunk out of me.

I believe that, her and her close friend came out to eachother as gay, and my ex hadnt really told many people, so it was a big thing for her. And her friend is single, and they went out gay clubbing together, alone, for th first time a few weeks ago. Her mate would pull people and end up waking up in places she didn't know where she was, and we would have to go and pick her up etc. I think my ex, saw what her friend had, and thought that it was better than what she had. I don't know whether I'm just trying to make myself feel better about stuff, or whether this could be a factor to things breaking down between us?!

I mean, before she came out to her friend, none of this would ever had happened. I know we would still be together today. So I just don't know what to do from here? Do I just ride the wave and don't throw 3 years away, or do I just let her get on with it?

Quote Originally Posted by confused0912 View Post
    It's all good trying to believe she fell out of love with me, but when she showed no signs of it happening and we were 100% fine and normal with eachother, I find it very hard to comprehend.

In my head right now, I am SO unbelievably angry at her, because she is (normally) the most loyal and loving person - altho she may not show it at times - she was the only person I could 100% trust, and who I had a normal relationship with...no jealousy...no arguments...she got on with my friends like they were "our" friends, me and her were like best friends as well as lovers. And for this to happen, has just taken a huge chunk out of me.

I believe that, her and her close friend came out to eachother as gay, and my ex hadnt really told many people, so it was a big thing for her. And her friend is single, and they went out gay clubbing together, alone, for th first time a few weeks ago. Her mate would pull people and end up waking up in places she didn't know where she was, and we would have to go and pick her up etc. I think my ex, saw what her friend had, and thought that it was better than what she had. I don't know whether I'm just trying to make myself feel better about stuff, or whether this could be a factor to things breaking down between us?!

I mean, before she came out to her friend, none of this would ever had happened. I know we would still be together today. So I just don't know what to do from here? Do I just ride the wave and don't throw 3 years away, or do I just let her get on with it?
    2 points to make -

- It doesn't matter anymore, you're over-analyzing things when you shouldn't, you should just move on.
    - You 100% trusted her and she cheated on you. She isn't what you thought, and thats that.
    "All is fair in love and war." - Francis Edward Smedley

Cheaters ...................................go away.

Move on and forget about her, it is clear she doesn’t want you, perhaps she is also finding it difficult to break away completely, but as soon as she finds someone else you will never hear from her again.
    No links in sig. If i see it again you will be banned.

She cheated on you...that's enough for you to kick her to the curb. You deserve better than that and chasing her will only make you look "obsessed" (these are the words I've been described as after wanting to try and fix things between me and my ex). At the end of they day, my ex just didn't care at all about me and didn't want to "fix things". She just enjoyed the idea of having a nice guy around her...we also got along quite well for most of the relationship until the end when things began to break down. Her mood swings and her weird idea of wanting to be alone and not talking at all on the phone or in person started to piss me off...no appreciation at all....eventually I told her to F**K off. I tried to fix things up with her a few days later, but she wanted none of it...after a week of being upset and figuring out what to do, I said to myself, this isn't worth it. Move on...ignore her. If you see her...turn the other way or look at something else. Not worth your time...she shouldn't be showing you attitude one bit at all, it's her who made the mistake. She wants to be single, yet cheats on you. Wow...that makes sense. She needs a reality check.