+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Guy took me on date and talked about other chicks the whole time???

Guy took me on date and talked about other chicks the whole time???

I have been on a few dates with a guy I work with. I let him stay over a few times where he persisted to try to molest me. I told him then I wasn't looking for a hookup. We went on another date last night and he proceeded to tell me about a trip he took and how he tried to get this chick up to his hotel room, how he drunk texted all these chicks, and that the bartender was hot (he had a calendar to prove it which he showed me she signed "I will always remember your bedroom eyes"). I just laughed it off because he is a jokey kind of guy but it was starting to piss me off.

Both of us just recently got new phones I was showing how to do stuff on his phone when a message came in. He's like "Give it back!" I was like "Why? Something you don't want me to see?" he said "Yeah, it could be a nude picture of a chick down in 'Some Town'". I was finally like "Wow, ok well thanks for dinner!" he said "I was just joking are you mad?" I said "More like Not Impressed!"... We got into the vehicle and he was like "Get out you can walk from here". I said "You just bought me dinner the least you could do is drop me off". When I got to my house I said "Sorry, I obviously respect myself more than you do this is why I don't put out right away because time does tell all doesn't it... so thanks for dinner see ya!".

He is all pissed off put on facebook "Screwed Up" like I am screwed up? More like yeah you screwed up idiot. I tried to message him and tell him we could be friends, shit we work together and he wouldn't reply what a ****ing douche!

He sounds like a jerk and only want to have sex.
    Or he likes you and he was trying to make you jealous by talking to you about girls?

The guy is a bellend, stay away.
    "Never make someone your priority, when to them you are only an option"

I said "You just bought me dinner
    You allowed him to buy you dinner? I'd have paid for my own dinner and then maturely told him the next time he asked me out (if he did) that I didn't think we were a good match but thanks anyway. If he never asked me out again.. all the better. At least doing it maturely would have kept your work environment a little less drama filled.

P.S. I wonder why you have men stay over at your place before you've figured out if their worth the oxygen they'd be taking up or not? Seems odd to me!

Anyway, the guy sounds like a whanker why do you even allow him to get you to the point where you come to a forum to vent?
    Last edited by Wakeup; 10-11-11 at 12:18 AM.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

You quote "he persisted to try to molest me", but you still proceeded to go out on another date with him? lol.

"P.S. I wonder why you have men stay over at your place before you've figured out if their worth the oxygen they'd be taking up or not? Seems odd to me!" I agree with this...what the hell were you thinking? I suspect you are not so bright when it comes to dating. Not an insult but just an observation.

I think you should stay away from him and find a decent guy who can respect you.

... and I think she should learn to not take guys back to sleep over until she's discovered if they are the type to try and molest her. I also think she should not be accepting dinner from them after they've shown her that they keep trying to "molest" her.

I'm not saying he's not a whanker

.... Just sayin that she needs to know how to respect herself before some douche (or anyone for that matter) will respect her.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Respect

I allowed the guy to stay over because he lives a ways away from me. I thought I knew the guy as a friend from work. He came over for movies and drinks and stayed over twice. I guess I didn't realize permitting a man into my bed was a permit to my vagina! I agree though new dating approach no over-nights only dinner and movies outside of the house where I drive myself so I can leave myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeup View Post
    ...allow him to get you to the point where you come to a forum to vent?
    Isn't that what a forum is about? I love people who bitch about people bitching on a forum wow! One of those idiot trolls big and strong behind his keyboard, just saying. If you don't like the bitching don't be here to read it?

Just a word of advice. If a guy wants to come over to watch movies it means he wants to come over and have sex. If you ask a guy to come over to watch movies, he hears you asking him to come over to possibly have sex.

Quote Originally Posted by skeeziix View Post
    Isn't that what a forum is about? I love people who bitch about people bitching on a forum wow! One of those idiot trolls big and strong behind his keyboard, just saying. If you don't like the bitching don't be here to read it?
    It's not that I don't like "it", in fact i find it quite entertaining or else I wouldn't be a contributor to the extent that I am. I do however find it strange that you'd let what he did drive you to the state of having to vent. (or seek validation)It's clear to me that he just needed to be written off.

Anyway, it's good you did vent because it appears you've learned something that will undoubtedly help you in your future dating goals.
    Last edited by Wakeup; 10-11-11 at 02:44 AM. Reason: add the quote

Wakeup is not a troll and she isn't specifically referring to you posting on the forum about it. What she means, I'm fairly certain, is that he pissed you off enough the first couple of times and yet you continued to date him until you were even more angry about him. If he tried to "molest" you, you should have seen his character right then and there and stopped dating him. But that's the lesson you learn, hopefully next time you will cut the assholes out before they almost leave you stranded on a date.

Edit: Wakeup is too fast for me lol

My apologies I hate that when you need to vent and then people crack on you for doing so... I agree though I did think he disrespected me. I have learned a lesson and yes I am very dumb when it comes to dating... And I am fed up that is why I am here. I actually promised myself 6 months of celibacy

My apologies I hate that when you need to vent and then people crack on you for doing so... I agree though I did think he disrespected me. I have learned a lesson and yes I am very dumb when it comes to dating... And I am fed up that is why I am here. I actually promised myself 6 months of celibacy
    Its all been explained above, but yes, he is an idiot.

However, regardless of how far he lived away from you, you should NEVER stay over at or let a a love interest stay over until you plan on having sex with them. Its a bad way to start things, adds a lot of grey area, and gives a lot of wrong impressions. When you invited him to stay over, he probably just assumed he was getting laid. When he didn't, he decided to boot the situation, be an asshole, and thats what you got.

Yay for dating co-workers.
    "All is fair in love and war." - Francis Edward Smedley

Lessons Learned

I guess I probably do a lot of the same that I did with this guy just not invite them back to my pad and have premature sleep-overs, especially if it promotes the 'wrong ideas'. I am looking for a LTR not just a hook-up. I told the guy that but apparently I was sending out another vibe that I can be disrespected and ****ed all at the same time. Shitty thing is that we work together and I thought this dude was a friend first. Funny thing is I am like a 9 and he is like a 3, dating-down doesn't work either lol. Some people are just assholes period. I know what I want and so I guess it was a win for me to figure out this guy was an asshat prior to sexing him up and getting my emotions all tangled. Girls really aren't able to have just casual random sex and go on with normal life like nothing happened so I guess it is all for the better.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast