+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Looking for a guy's point of view

Looking for a guy's point of view

Hi,

So there is this guy that I used to like. We fooled around because he told me he just wasn't ready for a relationship. Then later he told me he just never had any romantic interest in me. It started a fight between the two of us because I felt like he lied to me. Months later we tried to be friends and we ended up making out again. This time was different than the others...it was a lot better and we were actually having fun together. Anyway I asked him about maybe trying to get to know each other better to see if there was something between us. He said I could not read too much into a physical attraction and that we couldn't start a relationship just because we are attracted to each other. He also talked about how we didn't know each other well enough...so I said you date someone to get to know them to see if there is something there. He told me we need to cut off contact for a while because he thinks I need to move on and find someone who can give me what he can't right now. I don't get this guy...he has had issues with his ex gf and he tells me he is "emotionally retarded." He tells me he has fun with me (just hanging out) and that he thinks I am a nice person...I just don't get it.

You want an emotional relationship with him, he just wants the physical side. He cannot give you the emotional closeness you want. So he wants you to move on. And he's been honest about that this whole time. You have no right to be angry with him.
    We fooled around because he told me he just wasn't ready for a relationship. Then later he told me he just never had any romantic interest in me. It started a fight between the two of us because I felt like he lied to me.
    ...that we couldn't start a relationship just because we are [only physically] attracted to each other.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)