+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are Men OK with Bald Girls...?

Are Men OK with Bald Girls...?

Yesterday night I decided...completely on impulse...to shave my head. I also ended up getting a nose ring...please don't ask how or why, but that's what happened.

And that's how I ended up a chick with a shaved head and a nose ring.

But the pictures on my profile for every dating website I've joined, of course, show my old pictures. And it just happens that today of all days is the day when a man I've been talking to asks me to meet him for what I *think* (he didn't exactly say...) is a date.

This is nerve-wrecking...I may have ruined my first date before it even started.

It immediately occurred to me that this 'hair problem' would be an issue...I have no idea how to handle this. Do I send him a warning beforehand ('hey, BTW, I'm bald now'?) or just show up? Do you think he'd stop being interested in and attracted to me?

And I'd *especially* appreciate some honest male imput to help remedy this situation...thanks.

Men would be MORE okay with bald girls that were'nt disingenuous posers. Email the poor dude and tell him so he knows before hand and can make an informed decision to still meet you or cancel becuase you are impulsive and do things without thinking. That would be just as much as an issue to me as the fact you're now bald and still posing as a haired person in your profile.
    Last edited by Wakeup; 10-11-11 at 07:25 AM.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Get a wig? Or a hat?
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Lonelyheart View Post
    Yesterday night I decided...completely on impulse...to shave my head. I also ended up getting a nose ring...please don't ask how or why, but that's what happened.

And that's how I ended up a chick with a shaved head and a nose ring.

But the pictures on my profile for every dating website I've joined, of course, show my old pictures. And it just happens that today of all days is the day when a man I've been talking to asks me to meet him for what I *think* (he didn't exactly say...) is a date.

This is nerve-wrecking...I may have ruined my first date before it even started.

It immediately occurred to me that this 'hair problem' would be an issue...I have no idea how to handle this. Do I send him a warning beforehand ('hey, BTW, I'm bald now'?) or just show up? Do you think he'd stop being interested in and attracted to me?

And I'd *especially* appreciate some honest male imput to help remedy this situation...thanks.
    Learn to think first, then start looking bad or acting like a man. Men think.

Wakeup said all the words already.
    Don't expect anything.

Get a wig? Or a hat?
    I did think of using a wig, but A) nothing under $500 looks realistic and I'm broke. And B) I don't like fake hair.

I meant to include this in my post, but didn't:

I swear I'm not crazy. This is the first time I've ever done anything like this. It seemed like a good idea at the time...look at me, defending myself. I'm pathetic.

But thanks for the replies.

I've had a shaved head, didn't seem to hurt anything. I then had a mohawk. That was fun.

Do tell the guy. Just a 'hey, I just thought I let you know, I have shaved my head since we made this date.'

Oh and you are not bald. You have a shaved head, there is a difference. Bald implies you can't grow hair.
    'People are never perfect but love can be. People waste time looking for the perfect lover rather than creating the perfect love' - Princess Leigh-Cheri from Still Life With Woodpecker.

My fiancee was bald with a nose-ring for a couple of years when she was younger. She was super hot!

I would just tell him that you've shaved your head on impulse, and tell him if that's not ok, you'd be happy to wait until it's grown out for a date.

The fact you do things impulsively like that, might be be a massive red flag too. Are you bi-polar? Buy a big red flag and wear it like a turbin

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I know women who have shaved their heads, but they did it for charity.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Lonelyheart View Post
    I did think of using a wig, but A) nothing under $500 looks realistic and I'm broke. And B) I don't like fake hair..
    A can of silly string will only set you back a few bucks

I would personally be shocked, guess it depends on how you wear it, please don't tell me you resemble Brittany Spears

you definitely need to tell that guy first.

qwertz is offline Chav hater
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    You need to tell him, one of my friends shaved her head for charity a few months ago, at first it looked awful but after a little while when it had grown a bit she looked hot.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

how about not saying your bald, but you have a shaved head and put a current pic up of yourself. your creating your own drama by fasle advertisement.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast