+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Are Men OK with Bald Girls...?

There are some men who would like a woman with a bald head. Some wouldn't. It is all personal preference.

Everyone is right about you telling the guy about it first. Think about how you would feel if a guy had a picture up of himself from right out of college and when you meet up he is 65, bald, badly overweight, and hadn't showered since the picture was taken? It is all about being upfront with others.

You don't have to make too big of a deal about it either. Just shoot him a message and say something like, "Hey, just wanted to let you know that I did something impulsive the other day and I didn't want you to be too shocked. My appearance has changed since I had that picture taken. My hair is a lot shorter now (like non-existent) and I have a nose ring. No biggie, hair grows back and all, but I wanted to give you a heads up." Or, change the picture on your profile to a brand new one and shoot him a message saying, "Just so you know, I did something impulsive to my appearance the other day and have posted a new pic on my profile. Let me know what you think."

If he shuts down the date because of that information, then it tells you something about him and saves you from some unnecessary drama. Not even the appearance of your bald head, but the fact that he can't handle impulsive behavior llike you are prone to would be an issue.

Good luck.
    Brought to you by Dating With Devon!

Only if you're the chick from "Star Trek 1". I'm kidding.

It depends. If the girl shaved her head because she was crazy (see Britney Spears), then I would stay away. But I'd give her one date to see if she was mental. If she did it because she's confident, then I'd be interested, as I like confident women. But I think I'm in the minority.

EDIT: If you wore a shiny, polished chrome skull cap with a point in the forehead, that would be awesome.
    Last edited by bulrush; 11-11-11 at 12:09 AM.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)

I think you should tell him before you meet him in person...
    One of my mum's friend... she's on dating sites as well and she always complained that, guys usually put up old pics of themselves and when they meet in person, they don't even look like the picture or he is bald when profile picture isn't bald and had lots of hair.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Wakeup View Post
    *snipped* No sense flogging a dead horse.
    Just delete your damn post and leave it at that. Its a waste of time to skim your non-comments that are crying out for attention. Noone cares that you posted.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

If this is a one off impulse thing and you have learned from it (by the very event of not wanting a bloke you really fancy to see you as wierd because of it) then you have learned a valuable fact about yourself. YOU don't think you look good bald either. So it was a mistake and you probalby won't do it again(?or the nose ring?) Just use your common sense and salvage what you can. Take the ring out of your nose and wear a glam scarf. Tell him in advance, and say you did it for charity and go donate something to the leukaemia foundation. Either way you get to pay for a mistake. But if you don't think it is a mistake to go bald and wear a nose ring, then you best look for a bloke who is cool with that, so just turn up as you are and get his honest reaction.

If I arranged a date with a girl I'd been attracted to by a photo,and she turned up bald,with a nose ring,unable to explain the reasons for doing either,I would get up and walk away without saying a word.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Smirnoff Ron View Post
    If I arranged a date with a girl I'd been attracted to by a photo,and she turned up bald,with a nose ring,unable to explain the reasons for doing either,I would get up and walk away without saying a word.
    Ouch!

I don't know why, but this made me giggle.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Well, I wouldn't leave without saying anything (rude), but I agree with the sentiment. Sign me up for clean cut men.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

I have to agree with some clarifications. If she couldn't be honest, or she couldn't even make up a decent story, that's a BIG RED FLAG. If you had an impulse to shave your head, or you were just curious, at least have the gurl balls to admit it. The girls I date need to be honest and open with me, even if they try unusual things. If they are at least honest, I can respect them for that, and they would likely get a second date.

Really, I don't care what mistakes you made in your life if 1) you are honest about them, and 2) you learned from them. That's all that matters to me.
    Last edited by bulrush; 11-11-11 at 08:16 PM.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)

just tell him... if he is still interested then u got yourself a true luv...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12