+ Follow This Topic

Thread: How to ask an ex back out?

How to ask an ex back out?

I'm a 22 male, and had a very serious and loving relationship with my ex girlfriend for about a year straight. We have so much in common, and have never had feelings for anyone else in our past that were as strong as ours were. We were nearly engaged, not trying to rush things, but both saw/see eachother's futures together. We had a bumpy road back in May and ended things, and I pre-maturely tried to get back with her a couple times in summer, but she wasn't ready, and the times we did talk/meet up after our breakup were almost forced.

We took some time of not seeing eachother at all, no more contact, no more being Facebook friends and seeing eachother's updates, and we even went out on a few dates with some new people, but on my part at least, I knew deep down who I really want, which is her, and I'm sure she feels the same.

So we randomly started talking again a couple weeks ago, and it was a really good feeling to see her again, and it didn't seem awkward, emotionall draining, etc. We caught up on things and it all went smoothly. We saw eachother a couple more times after that, and continue to make eachother smile, without rushing or pushing anything.

Now, I would like to start up our relationship again, however I'm not sure how to ask her again. Should I blatantly ask her? Should I give it more time...? Should I ask her out on more dates first? About a year ago, we went to this hotel with an indoor water park about 4 hours away, and had a lotttt of fun, should I ask her to go back there with me for a weekend, assuming if she says yes, that she is willing to be exlusive with me again?

I'm worried about her still not being ready, but the way things are looking at the moment, she's interested.

Maybe, you can ask her out on a date, but not to that hotel. You don't want to scare her off if she's not ready yet. You can take her to a more neutral places like going to the movies, or dinner somewhere where you both haven't try it before. Good luck.

First things first - have ALL the issues that caused the bumpy road back in May been resolved? If they haven't been resolved, by BOTH of you, then it will not work this time around.

I will also say that if she was dating other people she may have been attempting to move on. She may be done with the romantic portion of your relationship and ready to settle into a friendship only.

You just have to clarify what both of you are looking for. I wouldn't invite her for a weekend getaway. I would go much slower. You aren't jumping back in to where you left off. Treat it like a first date all over again.

Good luck.
    Brought to you by Dating With Devon!