+ Follow This Topic

Thread: met a girl while studying abroad

met a girl while studying abroad

I'm currently studying abroad in Europe. In my first week here, I met a girl in my student apartment complex. Our first night hanging out we got wasted together at a club, but nothing happened since she casually informed me during conversation that evening that she has had a boyfriend for 20 months. Since the first night, we've become best of friends. We are always hanging out together, watching movies in her room, going to museums, out to dinner, we even took a weekend cruise together just us two. During these past two months, she's opened up a lot to me about past relationships, problems with the current one, etc. I basically know her extremely well. While I have a couple of other friends here, I'm basically her only friend. Now, the problem is, of course, I've fallen completely in love with her. I openly flirt with her, touch her, make light sexual jokes about us, and overall just make her laugh all the time. When I'm with her, which is about 4-5 times a week, everything just seems right. I've never hung out and enjoyed my time with a past girl friend as much as I am with her (minus of course times in the bedroom). This may sound arrogant, but I feel like she feels the same way about me, albeit maybe to a smaller extent. She's been the one calling/texting trying to continue to arrange things to do.

Recently, she invited me to meet her parents for a weekend in her home country here in Europe, which I thought was a little odd considering I'm just a friend who will be out of her life in 25 days when I leave back for America. She's also began to make remarks about how her boyfriend doesn't like sex, and how he has actually never pleased her during sex. Then she mentioned how her best arousal came just a few months prior to study abroad by a friend of hers during a rather sexual massage while she was dating her current boyfriend. She has cheated on her boyfriend before (2-3) times, but it was always minor hookups that she told me at least that she regretted, except for the one I just mentioned, which apparently she has not told anyone but me. During our conversations now, I don't know, I just feel something building..we're smiling at each other all the time, blushing, etc.

I don't want to do anything to hurt her, but I also do not want to leave back to America feeling as if I missed an opportunity. I'm not one to try and pry away a girl from her man, but I have never met the boyfriend, never will, and I likely will never see this girl once I leave. She knows I like her, but I've never actually sat down with her and said exactly how I feel.

What should I do? I really don't wanna continue like this, other wise i'll just continue to like her more and more..until bam, I'm on a plane back .

Sounds like she wants a fling. Why not help her out as long as she knows it's a fling?
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)

The problem is actually initiating something. I don't know where to start...drunk or sober...now or on our trip or in a day or two before i leave... I feel like timing is important here. Im constantly flirting and letter her know I'm down and ready, but I can't quite get myself to take the next step because after all she does still have a bf, and the thought of our friendship taking a very sour turn when there is still a decent amount of time here left..If she were single this would be a piece of cake..maybe I need to grow a bigger pair, i dunno.