+ Follow This Topic

Thread: What does she want?

What does she want?

I dated this girl about 6 months ago, everything was going good for the first 4 months. She had a lot of stress between work and her son and got to the point where everything I said she took as a negative comment, or if she wanted me to do something with her at the spur of the moment and I was unable to she would get mad and ignore me. It got to the point where I would call her and she wouldnt answer, and then I would text and maybe get a reply 8 hours later, if any reply at all. After several days of dealing with this I gave up and decided to go with "no contact". The first month was pretty tough, but things started to get better. Now, about 2 weeks ago she text me and was asking how I was doing? I text her back and we exchanged several text messages. We ended up going out to lunch one time and everything was good, just social talk, nothing relationship based.

We ended up chatting throughout the days since then, mostly via text message. But since we have started talking, there are times that she just seems distance, and then 5 hours later she is miss chatty again. I have expressed with my actions/words that I would like to do things with her such as going out to eat..etc and possibly work on a relationship and she has seemed receptive. I just recently noticed that she changed her Facebook status from nothing to "single". Im just trying to figure out what she wants from me? I mean, I have been trying to slowly work my way back into her life without going overboard and she has seemed receptive, but now I dont know what she is doing with the "single" status. Did she contact me 2 weeks ago purely to see how I have been and nothing more?? Is she looking for someone else?

You are friend zoned.

...or if she wanted me to do something with her at the spur of the moment and I was unable to she would get mad and ignore me.
    It got to the point where I would call her and she wouldnt answer, and then I would text and maybe get a reply 8 hours later, if any reply at all.
    She sounds selfish. She can't understand why you would have a life outside of her. That's a deal-killer for me. I think you can do better. She also sounds like she has anger issues. Big red flag.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)

try to meet her a few more times (3 weeks after eachother for example), maybe then you'll find out what she exactly wants
    if you still haven't figured it out by then just meet 1 more time and just ask her without beating around the bush
    when she doesn't want to answer or says she can't tell her she needs to find out fast
    after that you should decide how long you want to wait...

right now i'm in the waiting part aswell, but i can assure you... it's ****ing hell

Sounds like she's just not that in to you.

If you had problems with her after just 4 months I don't think this is a relationship worth trying again. That's really soon to have problems with someone and the odds of those problems coming right back are pretty high. I would go back to no contact and move on.

I stopped replying to her text yesterday and she text me asking me what I was mad about. I told her im not mad, it just looks like she wants to date other people, so im just going to lay low. She text back and said "ok". Im assuming she is fine with my answer. I guess from this point forward im back to no contact. Probably better off anyway seeing how I don't know where I stand with her from 1 week to the next.