+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Curious about opinions on this....

Curious about opinions on this....

If a guy and a girl are friends, and almost everyone they encounter either asks them if they are a couple or comment that they would make a good couple, does that have any bearing on if they actually should date or not?

No. Never do something because someone else says you should. Make your own choice. The traits that attract you may not be there, no one else can tell you that they are.
    Despite the cost of living, have you noticed how it remains so popular?

Nope. It depends on how they feel towards each other and whether they want do bring the friendship to the next level.

No. Don't take someone else's advice as you know yourself better than they do.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)

well if you ARE in to her i'd say give it a try...
    you never know

but if you would only do it cause your friends say you 2 are good looking together i wouldn't even think of doing it

I guess what I'm asking is, if almost everybody asks that, are they seeing something the two friends aren't?

They probably just think that those two persons are a good match outwardly. But a relationship delves much deeper than that, and friends can only SEE so much.

Still the most important thing is how the two persons feel towards each other. Like about a year and a half ago, I have this friend who keeps telling me that I look great with this girl. But we felt nothing towards each other, and it got really uncomfortable that he keeps on repeating that statement. I didn't want any misunderstandings you see, and my friend was aware that back then, me and the girl both had our own relationships with someone else.
    Last edited by Dune; 12-11-11 at 10:46 AM. Reason: typo

I heard this phrase so many times that its just a saying from other people because its about the only good compliment they can come up with.
    To be or not to be?

Is that the question?

yeah it does...