+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I can't stop crushing on my coworker!!

I can't stop crushing on my coworker!!

Sorry ahead of time, this is going to be long.

Well I have a really big crush on a guy I work with. I want to know if I should continue to pursue trying to be with him. He's actually my boss technically. But he doesn't really act like it. I've been working with him for about 3 months. When I started, I was actually engaged to someone. And I've recently called off the engagement. I told my crush that I wasn't in a relationship anymore and that I was going to move to a different city. He was a little upset and told me that he was hurt emotionally and that he was upset bc he wouldn't see me anymore. Although he said it in a way that he was joking. We would flirt a little bit but nothing else would really happen. He's a very outgoing guy, he talks to all the other girls fat work freely, but we can barely have a conversation. It's like an awkward silence everytime we try and talk. I told a mutual friend that I had a crush on him, hoping she would relay the message. But it kinda backfired bc she told me hes slept with a lot of girls and he can't really make a relationship last. Which is true, in the 3 months I've known him he's had 3 different girlfriends. None lasting more than a couple of weeks. So I kinda let it go and just secretly had a crush. Well the begining of this week, I was working late and decided to stay and have a drink with some coworkers. We drank and played some pool. It got really late and the other coworkers left and it ended up us being alone. One thing lead to another and we messed around a little bit. I told him I wouldn't sleep with him since I just got out of a relationship and I didn't want to be just a notch on his belt. He said that it was fine, and he knew I was a "good girl". We ended up just talked for a while and then went to sleep. (he lives above the restaurant) he just held me for the rest of the night and rubbed my back til I fell asleep. Well, the next day at work he didn't make it awkward, he texted me that morning after I left to make sure I got home ok and apologized for getting drunk. Supposedly the friend that I told that I had a crush had spoken to him about the night-before and told him that I was a nice person and to not hurt me. Well, now he has gone back to not really talking to me, but continues to stare, follow me around, and I think he gets jealous when I talk to other male coworkers. I don't understand if he's just trying to sleep with me, or just trying to respect me and not hurt me? Or just doesn't want anything to do with me. It confuses me the most that we can't even have a long conversation. Should I continue to try and be with him or let it go? Any insight would be helpful. Thanks in advance!!

NEVER have a relationship with your boss. It will eventually end, you will go crazy, and he will have to fire you. In general, never date someone who works in the same building as you. If they work at the same company in another building, it might work. You have to think ahead. What if it ends in 6 months? If you work in the same building you might have to see each other and that would be awkward for most people.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)

He is a player, and a very unprofessional man. He is taking advantage of his female staff by using them as a steady supply for his sexual conquests. Open you eyes....you ain't so special because you claim to be a "nice girl". That never changes the rules with guys like him. He wants to stick his dick in you, that it. I bet money on it he is changing his game plan and thinking of ways to manipulate you into sleeping with him.

Give you head a shake. You know he has slept with 3 different girls in 3 months....that should tell you something don't you think? or are you that stupid.