+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Why would she do this?

Why would she do this?

Hi all,

It's been a while since I've been on here, and I have moved past all the issues I've had in the past. But, some of them just won't stay burried.

The same girl that I liked last year, the one that has rejected me, asked me if I still like her as I did last year.

Here's a bit of our history:
    We met in class last year, and started getting along very well. Turns out that we both had similar tastes in music, and TV and we shared a few other common interests. We flirted every single day for a while, a few months at least. She would ALWAYS sit next to me, even when the classroom was empty to the point where she could pick any seat she wanted, she still came and sat by my side.
    I asked her out, and she said maybe. I told her that I would give her some time to think it over, and that I would call her back in a few days. I called, but she never answered, and I did not bother with leaving a voicemail. I started seeing another girl almost immediately, but I still had feelings for my classmate for some messed up reason.
    A couple of days passed, and she told me how another guy had asked her out to the movies and she said yes. She told me she really didn't want to go with him, and just didn't have the guts to reject him, and practically begged me to come along with thme. I told her that I am busy that I had a date that night and that if she wanted to get out of it she would have to lie to him, which she ended up doing.
    The guy didn't give up. He cornered her and got her to agree to go out "just as friends, but he would buy her ticket for her (how would that NOT be a date???)". Only this time, she succeeded in getting me to come along with them. During the movie, she sat on my left side, and he had to sit next to me, another sign that this girl was into me, or so I thought.
    A couple of weeks later, we went out to a local pub with a friend and his girlfirend. We had a good time, and afterwards, we had our mid-semester break. It was after a Christmas party, after I had come back home drunker than I've been in my entire life, that I composed this humongous email and attached a few songs to it, basically professing my undying love for her.
    BIG MISTAKE!

She told me she didn't feel the same, and that she doesn't want to date right now. Two weeks later she started going out with one of our classmates, and to this date they are still going strong. A few days ago, she had a minor fight with him, and she asked me if I still liked her in that way. I lied, telling her I don't. When she asked me why, I answered back with this:

"I was wrong to have any feelings for you last year, and it took me a while to see that you didn't deserve that sort of attention from me. I am more than happy with just being your friend. You said it yourself: 'I have never seen the two of us as anything more than friends.' The bottom line is, you did not deserve that."

She looked at me puzzled, and managed to say nothing but a prolonged "OK". She seemed uneasy when I told her this, and I could see just how uncomfortable she felt at that moment. Up until then, everything was normal, with no tension between us. Yet in this one moment alone, it felt as if I could use the force generated by this tension to move an entire continent. We still talk, but mainly friendly little chats about our courses and school, and our plans for after graduation this year. I just recently broke up with a girl I was seeing for 3 months, and had a talk with the other girl about it. She said "us ladies can be real bitches sometimes, but I guess you already know that, don't you?". I just smiled and said, "not every one of you", to which she responded with "you're sweet".

What in the hell is going on here?

Thanks ladies!

Sounds like she is an attention whore...

That's what I was thinking...man am I glad nothing ever came of this.

Guess I just needed confirmation. At least I know I'm not the only one who sees her this way now.

yeah to second that it sounds like she was very manipulative from the beginning, trying to get you to tag along on her date- which i can imagine made the situation uncomfortable for you and the other guy- almost like she wanted a scenario where two guys were vying for her or something.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by skeeziix View Post
    I agree. Although you are also rather rude telling her she didn't "deserve" your attention. She didn't ask for your feelings; you stepped over a line due to your own bad judgement.

Stay friends for now. If you date, I don't expect it will last. You both seem to like each other but need to grow up a bit more. Best to do this by dating other people.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

When I first told her how I felt, she told me that she wasn't in school to look for a boyfriend, that she was only there to get her diploma and get started with her career.

Not eve 2 weeks after she told me this she started dating one of our classmates. I was furious, first of all with myself for spilling my guts, and second of all with her for wasting my time and leading me on. I sent her another message, saying how she shouldn't have lead me on, and that when I first asked her out she should have just said no instead of telling me maybe, and then leading me along with no intention of being with me all this time. She said she was sorry, and the she hopes I can forgive her. She didn't mean to lead me on, and she didn't know she was doing it.

Give me a break bitch! Seriously??
    She flirted with me on a daily basis, would ALWAYS sit right next to me in class, would always playfully hit me on the arm whenever I said (or tried to say) something funny. She showed me videos of her Dad and the Brother playing guitar, and in turn I showed her my videos and she said she would love to have me play for her sometime. She was giving me signals that she liked me all year long, only in the end for her to end up with some random guy. After I had told her how I felt, things got very awkward between us. She was ignoring me while I was trying to talk to her, and would quickly cut me off in every conversation, even within a group setting.

Summer break came, and I started my internship and decided to leave her behind. School started up again, and she was the one who approached me. Nothing was mentioned about our previous ordeal, we just hung out for fairly regular cigarette breaks in between lectures. Then she sprung this shit on me, and I knew I couldn't tell her the truth, so I lied and said that she never deserved my attention. Now, she keeps being the first one to talk to me, and ask me questions. I can see how she feels in her eyes, she is not entirely alright with the way she handled herself in our situation, and now that her BF isn't living up to her glorious expectations, she is trying to reel me in again.

I won't give her the satisfaction of doing that until I know that she truly has feelings for me, which I highly, highly doubt. As of right now, I think she feels bad about the way it all played out and wants to somehow work her way back into my good books.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    So why are you wasting your thoughts on her? I mean, re-read your last post. Over-invested emotionally, or what? You aren't even dating this girl.

I don't think this is really about her at all. This is about your ego and not being able to control the situation. Let it go, man. There are plenty of other girls out there.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

well dear don,t tension about past make positive be happy & ignore them
    No.

Get away from her. You deserve better.
    Get an other woman.

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by skeeziix View Post
    this.

she does want to get in your good books because she wants you to like her again, because she's an attention whore.