+ Follow This Topic

Thread: The dumper

The dumper

So what started out as such a beutiful friendship and supporting relationship has just ended. I ended it. I am the dumper but i must say that i dont feel good about all this at all but it does not feel good to be together anymore either. To be honest i just dont know and thats not fair for him or for me. I can come up with a million and one excuses about what he does and dosent do but all it boils down to is whats good for me. I didint think that i would hurt like this you know since i am the one that is saying goodbye and moving on with my life but i do and i hate it.Its very confusing for me to have feelings like this. At times it makes me feel like second guessing my decision to leave but I wont again. I dont have a reason to be angry with him he has not cheated on me been mean to me or anything its just not right for me right now. Sometimes i wonder what the hell happened what went so wrong with something that was so good. I question me. I have taken such a risk in the beginning and now at the end by leaving. I still care for him. We still have not exachanged our stuff and im afraid to see him, but i need to do it. I would love to remain friends but im afraid to do that also. This is so hard and i hate that he hurts so bad and that i do too.
    It takes a minute to have a crush on someone, an hour to like someone, a day to love someone - but it takes a lifetime to forget someone"

People change and forget to tell each other.

You still seem to care for him and maybe deep down you want him back. I'm in the the situation with my g/f and she is the one leaving me but still wants to be friends. I know she wants to come back but then again i think im in just denial. Give it time....a week, a month or however long it takes and see if you've gotten over him yet. You could always go for the rebound relationship.....its not bad that you use someone to get over someone else in my opinion because you could end up falling in love once again...plus you could get some much needed action you've been missing
    ...and don't forget to use a Jimmy Hat

I've was in similar situation about a week ago. I dumped him, despite liking him still because it wasn't working. However after a week (ie yesterday) he asked me to give it one more go, I said yes. But I don't think I made the right choice. we'll see how it goes I suppose.

Just remember that you made the choice for a reason. It hurts really bad at first, but it'll go eventually.

I left my ex about 5 years ago after a 7 year relationship. It was a hard move to make and I made it very slowly...took me a year and a half to finally do it. It was the right move and I am very grateful that I had the courage to follow through with it.

Your reasons are strong if you did follow through. Just move forward and enjoy your life, it was a learning experience for both of you.

why did you break up with him?

to meet, to know to love and then to part
    is the sad tale of the human heart.

cheers mates

hussain
    Are there no prisons? Are there no workhouses? - The Ghost of Christmas Past