+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Hate this

Hate this

Hi,
    Well I have a "serious" problem here. I got out of a serious relationship months ago. Although I can't say that I'm completely over my ex, I enjoy myself, have a lot more fun, and can spend sometime without thinking about her.

I have been trying to get back in the dating pool. Although I really enjoyed it, I hate the feeling of rejection that comes with it. I have tried to get couple girls so far. I easily get their phone numbers and all. Put after that point I end up screwing up everything. I mean I have the feeling that I come up too pushy. I pretty much recognize my mistakes, however I can't help but to be a bit pushy. It totally sucks. They agree to go on date or to hang out with me, but after that things just get bad.

So, I would like to have some advise. How to stop being pushy when I start talking to a girl I'm really interested to date. I think it just makes me feel desperate. Some advise about how to handle this kind of situation will be greatly appreciate. I just got another rejection from a girl that I really like. It isn't that painful but it made me realize that I have a problem Am I even ready to date again?
    Last edited by confusius; 13-11-11 at 06:24 AM.

For your readiness to date again, only you can tell. But seeing as you're not completely over your ex as you have mentioned, I'd suggest you stay away from anything serious. By all means, date around. Just don't get too serious too quickly.

Maybe you just come on too strong to girls. Maybe the things that you talk about to them are a little too suggestive and/or imposing. Lighten up a little. Talk about less weighty issues. Begin with small talk. Play it cool. Hold back a little bit I guess.

If you are really into that girl, perhaps you should start with listening to her more, and talk less.

A good conversationalist are usually the people who listens more than he speaks.

Quote Originally Posted by jwayne View Post
    If you are really into that girl, perhaps you should start with listening to her more, and talk less.

A good conversationalist are usually the people who listens more than he speaks.
    you are right.

Did you happen to read the book by Dale carnegie on how to influence friends?
    "Invest wisely and have money work hard for you"

don't be pushy, just be nice, and compliment her, specifically about the things that you actually like about her. just go do things and have fun.