+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The dreaded Thailand discussion. Advice needed.

Try putting the boot on the other foot. Tee up a girls only cruise on the "Love Boat' or some such male hunting ground. Even if you don't actually take it, talk it up big and see how he takes it. If he is 16 years older and you still look good in a bathing suit, He may be the one to come down to earth first. People in good relationships don't have to play silly games. He may be just talking about regaining the lost threads of youth with his mate. and it may be your youth that doesn't recognize iit. Most fathers of grown kids (with girlfriends 16 yrs younger anyway) wouldn't consider prostitution sex beyound abstract fantasy. and surfing the world sounds a bit pipe dreamish too. But the 'Aussie mate' syndrome? Well, I'd be checking out who's leading who up the garden path. (Are you an Aussie?).

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweet Lemon View Post
    H

If your partner expressed her concern about the disgusting things that go on in Thailand and if you were genuinely concerned for the welfare of your relationship would you not go, or perhaps include her on this particular trip? Or would you just go anyway and hope for the best when you got back?
    A man who will cheat will do it in Thailand or with the neighbour next door. You are missing the point. Anyway, Thailand is beautiful. Why don't you go with him?
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Suggest Sri Lanka instead - Great beaches without the prostitution that lurks in Bangkok and such.

Charlie Boy II is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I surf and live in Australia and I've never heard of anyone going to Thailand on a surfing trip. I don't think there's even any surf there?!

If your boyfriend was interested in surfing and fishing he'd be going to Indo, or the Mentawis, or Samoa.
    Is it burnin'? Well, f-ck, now you're learnin'.

Naiharn and Kalim are two beaches in Phuket where people go to surf (among others) for the people who said you can't surf in Thailand. As for my 'little issue' I have an update!

I took the advice of the people on here who actually gave some helpful pointers and spoke to him about it in a rational manner. Boy am I glad I did! I am relieved that I had my freak out on here instead of to his face because I got the outcome I was hoping for.

According to the other half it was going to be a boys trip because they were both single when they started talking about it years ago. His friend has recently started seeing someone and he's really into her so my partner suggested to him 'Why don't we take the girls along' and his friend is very happy with this arrangement. He was planning on telling me in a couple of weeks on my birthday as a surprise but because I mentioned my concern he decided to put my mind at ease then and there. Don't I feel like a right tit now? LOL

So it turns out I was worried for nothing. Phew! This is just one more thing I can add to the list of amazing things he's willing to do for me and I think I actually have the best guy on the planet. You won't hear another insecure peep out of me on this forum. And I am so relieved to know that the only disease free happy ending he'll be on the receiving end of is back at the hotel room after we get our nice Thai massages LOL.

Thank You very much for responding to this thread. It turns out that not all guys are looking for a bit of action on the side when they go to Thailand, some people actually do go for a nice holiday instead of a cheap f*ckfest.

~Lemon
    Last edited by Sweet Lemon; 14-11-11 at 12:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweet Lemon View Post
    Naiharn and Kalim are two beaches in Phuket where people go to surf (among others) for the people who said you can't surf in Thailand. As for my 'little issue' I have an update!

I took the advice of the people on here who actually gave some helpful pointers and spoke to him about it in a rational manner. Boy am I glad I did! I am relieved that I had my freak out on here instead of to his face because I got the outcome I was hoping for.

According to the other half it was going to be a boys trip because they were both single when they started talking about it years ago. His friend has recently started seeing someone and he's really into her so my partner suggested to him 'Why don't we take the girls along' and his friend is very happy with this arrangement. He was planning on telling me in a couple of weeks on my birthday as a surprise but because I mentioned my concern he decided to put my mind at ease then and there. Don't I feel like a right tit now? LOL

So it turns out I was worried for nothing. Phew! This is just one more thing I can add to the list of amazing things he's willing to do for me and I think I actually have the best guy on the planet. You won't hear another insecure peep out of me on this forum. And I am so relieved to know that the only disease free happy ending he'll be on the receiving end of is back at the hotel room after we get our nice Thai massages LOL.

Thank You very much for responding to this thread. It turns out that not all guys are looking for a bit of action on the side when they go to Thailand, some people actually do go for a nice holiday instead of a cheap f*ckfest.

~Lemon
    Awesome. Have a wonderful, romantic time.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

OP,
    I think your emotions are based on your past, bad experiences. While you fear your current bf might go to a prostitute, you have evidence for just the opposite. Your boyfriend is a bit shy (sexually), has stated he has no interest in prostitutes. I don't think you have anything to worry about.

I'm a guy myself, and I would never use a prostitute. Because that's supporting the drug trade. The main reason the girls are on the street is to support a drug habit, and I don't want any part of that. And yes, I have been approached by pros several times before, and I just said "no thank you" and walked on.
    Last edited by bulrush; 15-11-11 at 09:05 PM.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)

He is an older man. He can out-think you. He can out-play you. He can make you think that he is completely innocent, and family-oriented.
    That's one reason why older men like to have younger women... So they can mentally mold the young women, and basically do whatever he wants.
    Waiting 3 weeks before sex isn't "taking it slow". I mean, that's less than a month, and any man can wait 3 weeks if he wants to get what he wants.
    The thailand thing is just the tip of the iceberg. He is finally feeling less cautious, and now he wants to test his boundaries.
    You and everyone here know what he is up to. All-male trip to Thailand is bad news. Be careful if you do let him go....
    Prostitutes in Bangkok has HIV infection rate of > 50%. Also, many men go down there to try their she-male experiences, which
    is dangerous because anal sex on non-gay men is especially risky.

You can't tell him not to go. So it's up to him to prove if she-male cocks are more important than you.

Prostitutes in Bangkok has HIV infection rate of > 50%. Also, many men go down there to try their she-male experiences, which is dangerous because anal sex on non-gay men is especially risky.
    Wow. And how in the world would one get remotely accurate stats about something like that? Even the United Nations admits their African HIV stats are not real accurate due to cultural stigma. See [url=http://www.un.org]Welcome to the United Nations: It's Your World[/url].

And the risk is about unprotected anal sex, not protected anal sex.

He is an older man. He can out-think you. He can out-play you. He can make you think that he is completely innocent, and family-oriented. That's one reason why older men like to have younger women... So they can mentally mold the young women, and basically do whatever he wants.
    I don't see that in her bf from info in this thread. And a few guys are sincerely nice guys, not users.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12