+ Follow This Topic

Thread: How to relieve a stressed girl who you are dating?

How to relieve a stressed girl who you are dating?

I come to find out that a girl whom I am seeing is easily stressed and I want nothing more than for her to be happy and stress free. I think she is stressed from her work (lack of hours/money), parents are divorced, schoolwork, etc...What are some ways to help her cope with it? As a result of being stressed she gets these migrane headaches that basically incapacitate her for hours on end. I have only known her for 3 weeks but we have really hit it off well and are really interested in each other and we talk every day. So how can I help relieve her stress without "overdoing" it? Would something like suprising her at work with flowers be too much? Please help!

If you really like her then, when she is stressed out, I think that you should be there for her, talk to her about whats bothering her/understand her and listen/respond.
    Giving her flowers would be nice, she would feel loved and happy.
    I don't know how often you see her, but maybe cook her a nice dinner for her? Go for a nice long walk with her and talk to her about her problems?

I stress out easily too and I get pretty emotional and upset when that happens...everything around me would make me frustrate...I live with my bf and all I want from him is, maybe help me out with house work stuff like cooking/cleaning and be there for me, understand that I'm stressed and talk to me etc.

I think just by letting her know that you are avaliable to talk to when she needs someone to talk to is the best thing that you could do. Flowers might be very sweet but it might also show a sign of desperate-ness depending on the girl. Also, there comes a confusing and complicated matter of what flowers to buy her

Try and make her smile and laugh. Be witty and tell jokes - magic tricks (if you have the time to learn) are something that I guarentee every girl loves.

All in all, try to make it so that she feels that when she's with you, she can take her mind off her stress and is very happy.

When life becomes too tough and one feels the need to hide - one will start dreaming.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    How to relieve a girl's stress? LOL, you're kidding, right?
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

I've had migraines before. They are extremely painful.

- Give her a back or foot rub. Most people like that.
    - Help her with chores.
    - Look up common triggers for migraines and help her avoid them. Some things are caffeine and chocolate.
    - If she wants to be alone in a quiet, dark place, leave her alone.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)