+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Why do women with boyfriends flirt so much?

Why do women with boyfriends flirt so much?

Is it just that they like attention? something in their current relationship they aren't quite getting?..

I guess im annoyed because I can think of 3-4 times in the last 6 months where im chatting with a girl and they are being rly flirty with me, so of course if im interested, i reciprocate. Then just before anything happens, i get "oh, by the way, I have a boyfriend.." at first i didn't much of it, but it seems like it is starting to become a trend for me. I don't go out and flirt with tons of women, but im not shy either.

It happened once again last night when out for drinks with friends.. went out with a few guy buddies to watch the game, then afterwards we met with one of their girlfriends and some of her lady friends who went for supper near by. We move to a nearby bar and one of her friends, "louise" is starting to be very flirty with me. Touching my leg, and taking my hand and making it touch hers, etc.. so that keeps going on for a bit and then after she leans in and whispers "this is bad.. i have a boyfriend, but if I didn't, this would so go down". ARGHHH..i feel like i just got played hard.

It happened also on vacation earlier this year when after i kiss she tells me the same thing.

what the f*ck ladies?.. not cool... give a single guy a break instead of being a tease.

(end rant)
    Last edited by all alone; 14-11-11 at 12:32 PM.

Not all girls do this. Maybe you can ask if they're single before the flirting goes too far.

Try not to get upset about it. At least it's a clear sign that they are not the type of person you would want to go after. Also, flirting is fun and an ego boost. Try to enjoy it and not get annoyed. It's just flirting, not a promise that they're going to date you.

Well it seems those are the kinda girls who love the attention.

As MerryH has said above, just make sure you know whether they are single or not asap before continuing a conversation.

When life becomes too tough and one feels the need to hide - one will start dreaming.

yeah, don't get me wrong I did enjoy it haha, but just a little frustrating after the fact is all. I guess i just needed to get that out of my system ^_^

I guess im annoyed because I can think of 3-4 times in the last 6 months where im chatting with a girl and they are being rly flirty with me, so of course if im interested, i reciprocate. Then just before anything happens, i get "oh, by the way, I have a boyfriend.."
    Either they are not flirting (flirting is relative), or they want to have an affair with you. Talking and laughing with you is not flirting. A regular look across the room is not flirting, but a sexy "come hither" look might be. It's all subject to interpretation.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Some girls have bfs just as an accessory, and they change them just as often. They have no problem hitting on other guys and will move on to greener pastures whent hey think they've found them. Not very respectable, but it seems to be more and more common these days.

They only time I flirted with other guys when I had a bf was when I was pretty much done with the relationship and just hadn't gotten around to the breaking up part yet.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

Whenever I have flirted when I have been with someone it's just to reassure myself I can and to remind myself that the man I am with isn't the only one in the world that finds me attractive.
    'People are never perfect but love can be. People waste time looking for the perfect lover rather than creating the perfect love' - Princess Leigh-Cheri from Still Life With Woodpecker.

Quote Originally Posted by bulrush View Post
    Either they are not flirting (flirting is relative), or they want to have an affair with you. Talking and laughing with you is not flirting. A regular look across the room is not flirting, but a sexy "come hither" look might be. It's all subject to interpretation.
    yeah i get what you mean, but this was pretty damn obvious. Talking and laughing at first yes, but when she starts finding excuses to engage in physical contact, touching my leg while we are sitting at a table at the bar then me reciprocating for about an hr.. its pretty obvious =p

I know some people think just because you have a good conversation and people smile that they are interested but im not so naive =\ .. but you make a good point.. she also did tell me if she didn't have a bf she'd "let me f*ck the shit out of her".. so i also took that as a sign she was being flirty =p
    Last edited by all alone; 15-11-11 at 09:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by all alone View Post
    she'd "let me f*ck the shit out of her"..
    Ew! What a crass expression. I am picking on her not you, by the way. It evokes images of anal sex and/or squirty diarreah.... Ew!
    'People are never perfect but love can be. People waste time looking for the perfect lover rather than creating the perfect love' - Princess Leigh-Cheri from Still Life With Woodpecker.

Quote Originally Posted by MaidenMinx View Post
    Ew! What a crass expression. I am picking on her not you, by the way. It evokes images of anal sex and/or squirty diarreah.... Ew!
    haha i know she didn't mean it that way but i thought the same thing, i almost had to bite my lip not to laugh. Blame it on the alcohol =p

Girls flirt, men prowl, Its a jungle out there! So nothing's changed, huh? Let me just say that anyone in a bar without a partner is fair game and usually there for the sport. Its frivolous B/S and only the depth varies. One should never take anything that happens in a bar seriously, its where people go to 'play up' and at the very least, exaggerate whatever mood they are in, with the help of alcohol.

Basic stuff, made easy, but people still do it and get upset about the 'other person's behaviour'. No one will flirt with you if you are not open to it (no matter where you are) So conduct yourself as you wish to be approached (Do what men have always had to do, find out if the prize is available before throwing your hat in the ring) Just have a fun evening or stop being so desterate you give 'attack me' signals to mischievious flirts. The time to worry is when no one wants to flirt with you.

Quote Originally Posted by all alone View Post
    she also did tell me if she didn't have a bf she'd "let me f*ck the shit out of her".. so i also took that as a sign she was being flirty =p
    lol...to say the least. I've found alot of them talk the talk, but dont walk the walk. They just do it for self-reassurance issues....I mean, would you like to be their B/F?

It's very easy to be caught up "flirting" I personally draw the line where I feel it going a certain direction by saying I have a boyfriend. Women not revealing this is the real problem