+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Good Conversation Starters?

Some Good Conversation Starters?

What are some good things to talk about when first meeting someone?
    What are some easy conversation starters?
    I think part of the reason I don't have much luck getting dates is because I don't really take the time to get to know them first.
    So how do I get to know them and have a good conversation at the same time?

Does anybody at least have some tips?
    Thanks in advance. I'm not really all that shy; I just don't know how to phrase things and carry on a good conversation.
    Last edited by Joe_Watson; 20-02-05 at 12:49 PM.

some good convo starters:
    You shave that pussy of yours?
    Wanna bone?
    You gay?
    sorry im drunk and its late so im giving the best advice i can think of right now
    ...and don't forget to use a Jimmy Hat

Um, can I get some serious replies?

Alright ill give it another go....
    A girl wants attention, if you gonna talk to her make it ALL about her you know make her smile and laugh ask her how she is, what she does, HOW OLD (18+) be careful just make sure you dont go off talkin about yourself for 10 mins cause them women get tired and bored of hearing abuot someone besides themselves. Now that i think about it i have no ****in clue how to start a convo out of the blue....im just gonna go to bed
    ...and don't forget to use a Jimmy Hat

Quote Originally Posted by Joe_Watson
    Um, can I get some serious replies?

Maybe what you need is some practice. Need to read some obvious body language and facial expressions. While analyzing what she might be trying to say.

If you don't wanna bother with that, then stick to scripts. just ask some basic questions. Ask your self, what is it that your trying to get out of the conversation and just ask away. Are you trying to get some? Are you looking for steady realtionship? Do you just wanna know her better? what is your goal?

Hope it's enough.. GL

BTW i just read other thread and seems you have problem with shyness.

Simple. Your goal for next 7 days is to get 3 rejections per day. Just ask random person in the street or mall and just ask simple question like their name and nice to meet ya, my name is blah blah blah and so on. after few sentence, ask for their number. Just ASK!!!!!!!! Unless you so ugly elephant man pitty you, you ought to get at least one number by end of the week. Rejection sucks, but staying at home alone is worst.

I've tried just asking people rather randomly, but haven't gotten any good results doing that. Even with people I've known for years, they still say no. So I think the problem is I'm not talking to them enough first and they don't (yet) feel confortable being around me. If anyone has any other tips, feel free to chime in.

tell them hi and that they're pretty or whatever. you make it harder for yourself than it is. ask them if they've seen any good movies, read any good books, if they have simblings, play any sports, whatever. act like you're interested in getting to know them. just open your mouth and let the words come out. even if it sounds stupid, just do it. the only way a girl would snap at you for saying hi and that they're pretty is just mean and you don't want someone like that anyway. and if a girl rejects you then she rejects you. there's billions more of us out there.

What kinds of questions should I ask to get to know her better?
    I don't want to come off as invasive, or anything.
    Also, how long should I just talk to her before asking her out?

King Zarathu Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe_Watson
    What are some good things to talk about when first meeting someone?
    What are some easy conversation starters?
    I think part of the reason I don't have much luck getting dates is because I don't really take the time to get to know them first.
    So how do I get to know them and have a good conversation at the same time?

Does anybody at least have some tips?
    Thanks in advance. I'm not really all that shy; I just don't know how to phrase things and carry on a good conversation.
    Come up with an arrogant but funny comment to make, then walk away and do somethin by yourself.

Come up with an arrogant but funny comment to make, then walk away and do somethin by yourself.
    The problem with that is some people fail to see the humour and just perceive the comment as arrogant. At least that's how girls are at my school. So I'll have to come up with something else. Not a bad idea, though.

What else can I talk about (or ask her about) to show I am really interested in her?
    Last edited by Joe_Watson; 21-02-05 at 06:16 AM.

ask her what her and her friends do outside of school, or what her family is like. here is a website i found just for you... [url]http://www.romanceclass.com/miscr/howto/shyness/step1.asp[/url]

i can't really give you advice on what to ask or what to say. there's no formula to it. there are so many things you could know about a person. ask her if she's right handed. here's an idea... write a list of things you would like to know about her. pick out the ones (not the naughty ones) but try to get as many as possible (except the naughty things, those come later). you know what i mean?

Thanks misombra! I checked out that site you told me about and found it to be very helpful. It's got all kinds of good info on there. I found the answers to many of my questions. Thanks very much.

excellent, glad i could help.