+ Follow This Topic

Thread: He Flirts and upsets me.

He Flirts and upsets me.

Hi guys,

My bf flirts with a lot of women. I realize that he is in the entertainment business and that he networks with a lot of people man and wome. We bot have a facebook and it gets hard reading the flirting messages he sends the women. It not the flirting that bothers me it's the words he writes like he makes as if something can happen. We talked about it and he says that i have nothing to worry about but this stills bothers m. I unfriended him because of the flirting but he says that i still have nothing to worry about because they live far away. He has a movie event coming up and i looked at the guest list anxd saw the two women he flirts with coming. I know they want him because they have sent photos of them naked to him and told them that they want him. Am i making to much of it or do i have something to worry about.

Erica Bell

No one can give you any proper advice renee, until you show us what exactly these 2 naked tarts look like. No point telling us half a story.
    Be quick.

His in entertainment business so most-likely he will be flirting with his fans etc. He meant to be friendly to fans since it is a show business.
    You just have to trust his words and trust him or this relationship will not work.
    Just be happy that he chose to be with you and not someone else. He chose you because there is something special that he liked about you and other women doesn't have that.
    Try not to think about him flirting or think that flirting is part of his job to make his fan happy.
    He probably can't tell them off saying, "Please don't send naked pics or dont flirt with me"

You have relationship exceptions that don't match with his....you cannot change him, he is what he is. When things don't feel right, usually they are not. Don't like it?.....bail out of this relationship.

sadie_genie Guest
    Being in the entertainment industry isn't a good excuse. Being friendly is important but being THAT friendly isn't necessary. I don't understand women who get a kick out of getting attention from guys who has a girlfriend. Every time an attached guy flirts with me, I vomit a little in my mouth.

1. Some women find it a challenge to "take" another perosn's man. So that's why they flirt with men who have girlfriends/wives. It makes them feel good to get attention from a "taken" man.

2. It's up to you if you want to put up with his behavior. I assume this behavior is common in the entertainment industry. If you don't like it, get another boyfriend. Or simply accept it. But you can't change him.
    Last edited by bulrush; 06-12-11 at 12:39 AM.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)

Yes.. I think he's pretty much not gonna change. For your emotional well being, find someone else who have "boundaries" more closely matching to yours.

This behavior sounds completely unacceptable. The fact that he's flirting is bad enough, but if women are sending him naked photos, than you DO have something to worry about.
    Find someone who respects you

Thank you guys. He decided to change his pofile status on fb. He says that he only had a fb for work and got tired of the flirting. He said that he is with me and the flirting had to stop.

Flirting with another girl when you have a girlfriend is pretty normal.

However, he definitely shouldnt be continuing to flirt with a girl AFTER she has sent naked pictures of herself to him. Thats over the line. I mean its good that he told you they'd sent naked pictures rather than hiding it because that seems to suggest he has nothing to hide right now, but if hes still flirting with them then he will almost certainly end up cheating on you eventually Im afraid.

I'm in sales and you gotta work your charm as well......but i've never had anyone send me naked pictures! There is being charming and then there is flirting.

Yeah if he says that he only wants to be with you then you have to just trust him if you don't trust him there is no point in being in a relationship