+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: i want a better body

i want a better body

i used to weigh 98 pounds, i am 5'5 and almost 20 years old
    while i was pregnant i weighed 126
    now i am down to 103
    i still feel fat, my tummy isnt flat,
    i want to have a flat tummy, i want a firmer butt i guess, i want better looking thighs
    so what can i do to have a better body?

Cardio workout, the fat will fall off you, and good food.

try the c25k running program I have really enjoyed it. Even better though, find a sport/hobby that you really like to do, you will find it will help firm up everything.

You need to sort your diet out, cardio alone won't shift fat if your calorie intake is above what you burn off.
    "Never make someone your priority, when to them you are only an option"

i always ate alot!! like more than anybody i know. but i stopped drinking soda, i dont eat candy or chips or sweet food, not alot of junk food.
    i use the treadmill every day, i use the zumba fitness on the wii

Perserverance will get you there then. If you have hit a point where you are no longer losing weight, you need to up your efforts. Check out calorie king online. Brilliant site that teaches you all about what you are eating. Put bub in the pram and walk. You'll get there. :-)
    'People are never perfect but love can be. People waste time looking for the perfect lover rather than creating the perfect love' - Princess Leigh-Cheri from Still Life With Woodpecker.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    According to your BMI, you are already underweight. Maybe you should talk to a professional about your mental health?
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    According to your BMI, you are already underweight. Maybe you should talk to a professional about your mental health?
    Wow! I hadn't thought to check that before I posted. Thanks Vashti.

OP, I retract my previous statement. If your tummy isn't flat enough, do some crunches. I also suggest you stop looking at the scales. You need to build up muscle mass by the sounds of it. Oh and muscle weighs more than fat so, find out your bmi, do some weights and crunches and any thing else that builds muscle and get healthy.
    'People are never perfect but love can be. People waste time looking for the perfect lover rather than creating the perfect love' - Princess Leigh-Cheri from Still Life With Woodpecker.

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    at 5'5 103 you're bordering on underweight.

if you're belly is flabby it needs to be toned, not lost through weight loss. I'm 5'2 and 118lbs... my belly is flat... but I have quite a lot of muscle definition.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Her BMI is 17.1

She is not bordering on underweight. She IS underweight. Normal for her height would be 111 - 150 lbs.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

OP, please listen to the people who are telling you you are underweight.

When i was the same age as you, i had about the same bmi. I am 173cms (5'8") and the lowest I have weighed is 51 kgs (112 lbs). Sure, I had a flat stomach, slim thighs and muscly arms but i also had no boobs, no curves.

Now I am 62 kgs (134lbs) -bmi of 20.7 I have curves and boobs and the only time I'm wobbly is when I stop exercising. The only time I don't like my body these days is when I make the mistake of comparing it to other people's, and I don't just mean celebrities. My best friend has a bmi of 16.9. I will sometimes compare us and feel fat. Then I remind myself that I am not fat, she is too skinny. And before anyone accuses me of jealousy, we went to the beach on the weekend, she wore a bikini. When she bent over to fix her towel her back resembled Mr Burns.

Quote Originally Posted by MaidenMinx View Post
    O When she bent over to fix her towel her back resembled Mr Burns.

Nay for stick figures

The image I got was the one where he gets out off thee shower and his back is all hunched and you can see all the vertebra in his back... It was rather ew!

But that image is pretty much my best friends figure.

alot of people think i look to skinny, and that i look smaller now than i did before i was pregnant
    im not trying to loose weight. im not sick and crazy . i just want to tone up. and make my body better

Then you want to be getting on the floor and doing crunches. Get some weights and lift them. Have a look on you tube for exercises you can do with your baby.

When I had a 6 pack I was doing a minimum of 150 crunches a day. These days I'm more concerned with strength than muscle tone so am doing a completely different work out now. Actually I'm still figuring my new work out out.

My old work out that got me my 6 pack was minimum 3 sets of the following every day.
    15 what I call half crunches.
    15 chest to knee crunches
    15 elbow to opposite knee oblique crunches.
    15 leg lifts (each side)
    15 leg curls (lie on side, knee to chest. Each side)
    15 push ups.

I used to also walk at least an hour a day.

I will admit, this is probably more exercise than you need since you are already under weight. It will build muscle though. Please make sure you are eating healthy and plenty.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast