+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Behavior of a straight guy? Need male feedback!

Behavior of a straight guy? Need male feedback!

I would appreciate some other feelings about a scenario I just experienced with my husband that has me feeling very unnerved.
    My husband's 60th birthday was this week. We are planning a large party with family, friends and neighbors in 2 weeks and I told him the date in advance so he wouldn't feel hurt or slighted that I didn't do something special for his 60th (he hosted a 50th birthday party for me last summer).

So last night, he tells me that on Friday night, he and an old friend (male) whose birthday was last week are driving to a city 50 miles away so they can celebrate their birthdays together - oh, and they'll be renting a hotel room together and staying over night. He knows there is a big party in 10 days and this same friend will be in attendance. But they want to go away together to another city to celebrate their birthdays - alone - together. And please keep in mind, this isn't a golfing, gambling, Vegas, guys getaway activity ... it's dinner and drinks and an overnight stay. And it struck me as more of the kind of weekend a guy plans with his wife or girlfriend. Or am I over reacting?

Does this strike anyone else as odd or concerning? All feedback appreciated

when is the last time he hung out with his friend? Best friend maybe? on my birthday my best friend too me out to dinner and paid for me but we live only 5 houses away from each other lol. I kinda think your over reacting...if your asking if hes turing gay i highly dought it. You need to give more detail...its really no nuff to figure out anything. If you go to some city 50 miles away would you get a separate room with a female friend or split it together....see what im getting at?

if they are gonna drink it up and have man date why not get a hotel close to they dont need to drive...you know you'd give him hell from driving drunk.

It's probably a bit of a bummer for him that he's turning 60, that's a big milestone. I can see him wanting to spend some time with a friend who's also getting older just to blow off some steam. Unless you're noticing other strange thing's in the relationship I don't think it's anything to worry about.

I honestly think there is nothing to worry about especially because of his age, it just might be a getaway and vegas wouldnt be recomended for 60 yo anyway, he probably wants to catch up and have a good time.

Personally I wouldn't think its a gay thing....They could just as easily call up a couple of hookers or go to a rub and tug.....

Quote Originally Posted by leoben View Post
    just to blow off some steam..
    I'd be careful about how I'd phrase things. She sounds a lil sensitive. I'm sure its nothing. Don't get yourself all worked up.