+ Follow This Topic

Thread: soulmate

soulmate

hi guys

to cut a long story short, i have a really good friend that i ve known for 10 years and are like soul mates. we ve always had good chemistry etc. i ve always thought we get on really well. this weekend, he came and visit me and we ended up having sex. we were both completely sober. he made the move on me and constantly flirting. now i think the situation is a bit awkward... we still text each other like every other day.

is this a moment of fun or does it mean something more?

Quote Originally Posted by emily25 View Post
    hi guys

to cut a long story short, i have a really good friend that i ve known for 10 years and are like soul mates. we ve always had good chemistry etc. i ve always thought we get on really well. this weekend, he came and visit me and we ended up having sex. we were both completely sober. he made the move on me and constantly flirting. now i think the situation is a bit awkward... we still text each other like every other day.

is this a moment of fun or does it mean something more?
    Why in GOD's name wouldn't you have a discussion with him about what it meant and where it's now going and had that conversation with him before you parted ways? You are your own worst enemy. Learn to look after yourself better, sweety. Ask him, but before you do figure out what it is you want first so that if he can't give you EXACTLY that, you won't settle for something less fulfilling to you. Settling will just steal your joy and sense of self worth.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

because its weird?! and i dont want to ruin our friendship...

If it's a true friendship then having an open and honest discussion about what you want with him should not ruin your relationship. Being akward and not open and honest about things will ruin it though.

You had sex with this man without knowing his intentions and didn't seem to worry about that being 'weird' or ruining your friendship. If you can let him in you then you should be able to talk to him about it afterwards. It's not like you don't know this guy so buck up and get the conversation going. If you want to be exclusive and official then find out if he wants that to. If he doesn't and you do then distance yourself for a bit until you become indifferent to the feelings having sex with him evoked and then resume your platonic friendship then.

You changed the dynamics of your "soul mate" friendship the minute you had sex with him so get to the bottom of things NOW.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

If this is the same guy from your other thread then you best stop this hooking up once ever thousand months... that's a **** buddy, not a "soul mate."

From your other thread:
    confused
    Hi

Theres this guy who i am friends with, for the past 3 weeks, we have been texting each other every day. not really flirting but just text randomly, 2 or 3 texts a day. we have been friends for years and this never happened... we have hooked up in the past once but this was like months ago.

so friends text each other that often?! does he want more?

confused.
    What didn't you ask him then instead of just fvcking him again and then coming here and asking us? Grow up, darl'n and quit using your vagina as your life's guide.
    There's more to a relationship and being happy then bumping uglies. If you enjoy just bumping uglies then have fun but quit wondering and asking us what the guys intentions are when you're showing them that you're quite fine to be an occasional piece.

Look after yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by emily25 View Post
    because its weird?! and i dont want to ruin our friendship...
    If you're afraid to ruin something then you're not soul mates. Who the heck believes in that sh*t anyways.
    "All is fair in love and war." - Francis Edward Smedley

Soul mates are connected from the soul. If you don't even know what his take on the sex was, then you really don't know him all that well.
    Lucky dude got some free sex from his pal. Woohoo!