+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Dating a super hot guy - should I continue?

Dating a super hot guy - should I continue?

Here's the situation.
    Him: Tall, handsome, rich, well-educated, works in entertainment industry, surrounded by famous people
    Me: Short, good looking, well-educated, decent girl. We are both 20ish.

In our first date, we talked for hours and liked each other. Then we had sex. I must say I don't normally have sex with someone so fast, and I hadn't dated for months. But I liked him a lot. Another thing is I feel insecure, I'm just a mediocre girl while he has everything... what else I can use to attract him other than sex? I know it's stupid...
    He, however, may think that I'm a slut.
    He said sex was great though. He was great in bed and nice.

For a few days, there was no text or chat message from him. I was waiting, thinking about him every moment.
    Finally I texted him and asked him out again. After few hours, he texted back "Er very busy this week, but maybe... We'll see"

I know he's free this week. I know he's single and looking. I guess most likely he's dating around other (nicer) girls, but I still have some chance if I try to push for 2nd date.

Question:
    - I'll explain that I like him as a person, that I'm not a slut... Is there chance that he'll take me seriously?

- Even if it works, this relationship is gonna hurt me and hard to maintain. Because he's surrounded by great looking people in entertainment industry and I know he'll be famous too. I'm just a normal girl. He said he's a honest normal person and stays away from those crazy people too, and I believe him. Does this worth a try? It's gonna cost me time and more likely to hurt me, should I even start dating him?

I've been single for awhile and I have never met someone so perfect. I feel insecure though, I'm not rich or famous or anything.

After few hours, he texted back "Er very busy this week, but maybe... We'll see"
    He is not interested. Not only he is not interested in a relationship, but maybe not even interested for another hook up. He said 'maybe' because he wants to keep you as a back-up plan unless something better comes along. Do not sit around and wait for him! Move on.And when he does text you, just don't think he wants you as a girlfreind.

I feel insecure though, I'm not rich or famous or anything.
    This is why you should not see him again. With such an opinion of yourself, he can get away with many,many things you should not put up with.And then you'll come out of it broken hearted. Gain some self-esteem and don't sleep with a guy just to make him be into you. Never happens! Well, 99.9% of the time it doesn't....
    Good luck...and try to concetrate on the traits that you do like and appreciate, such as
    good looking, well-educated, decent girl.
    AND never look down on yourself, expecially not in comparison with men...you are worth the best, so why bring down your standards?
    Last edited by Leona77; 18-11-11 at 10:42 PM.

If he's nice, then don't assume he's a jerk until you have proof. So go date him. Be nice to him and ask him what he wants in a relationship. Does he want someone smart? Someone who understands his busy schedule and will be there for him? Does he like backrubs? Walks in the park? Action movies?

You'll never know for sure unless you ask.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by mammamia View Post
    well-educated, works in entertainment industry
    lol

"Er very busy this week, but maybe... We'll see"
    Seriously? Thats what I write if I wanted a girl NOT to call me LOL And youre thinking about pushing for date 2?

I'm not rich or famous or anything.
    Is that what you treasure most out of life.

Find somebody who treats you right....Jeesh!

I'm sorry to say this but you are gonna be no were with this. He knows he has the upper hand. Just because you slept with him on 1st date dont mean shit. It happens. Thing is if he if he at all gave a care in the world to even think of you, he would of sent you a text good morning next or somthing by next day. Move on, your already on red flag number two, (oh busy weekend my ass) hes already pulled the excuse card not to talk with you. Dont feel used...feel happy, he sounds a dickbag tool just using his good looks to hurt women.

find a good man.

I agree that he doesn't seem to be interested in pursuing anything with you. But besides that, you need to work on a couple things yourself. First, it sounds like you need to boost your own self-image. Trying to use sex on a first date as an incentive since you think you have nothing else to offer? Are you kidding? And second, you talk about this guy like he is perfect. There is no such thing as a perfect person, so get that out of your head.

Take a little bit of time and try to create a more realistic view of the world and people in it before you push for dates.
    Brought to you by Dating With Devon!

I feel so sad reading this... sorry. I'm sure you are very attractive and very nice. But people in show biz date people in show biz for a reason. They are in their own zone, and don't take sex/relationship seriously.
    He expects sex the first date, because he is used to it... it's probably easy for him. You gave it to him, and now he is gonna move on, because you are not special to him.
    If I were him, I would probably respect and admire a girl who rejected me, because that would be refreshing, and it shows that the girl isn't "easy". Trust me, guys love humping easy girls, but no guy would ever want to date/marry one.

I don't think you should think about this possibility... YOU are TOO GOOD for HIM! Think of it this way, you had sex with a hot guy and now you can brag about it
    Seriously though, don't feel insecure when you like someone. But choose a good man who will treat you right. There are plenty of hot dudes that are good men....just not this one.

bulrush:
    You'll never know for sure unless you ask.
    Wanna bet?