+ Follow This Topic

Thread: A good friend

A good friend

Ok I really need your help here...

There is this girl, we're good friends and yes, I can admit it, I'm interested in her. But this is not the point here. We talk/text alot since a fer weeks/months, and she told me how much she likes me and how she's happy to know me and so on...

We had a few plans together, like she want to come with me at my office Christmas party, and a trip to Mexico this winter... SHE planned this, SHE offered me this.

All this since yesterday, from one day to the next, she became rude and act like she hates me. The only thing I know, is about her boyfriend who is really jealous about us talking a lot.

I didn't do ANYTHING wrong, she's my friend, I'm not even trying anything with her. Now she looks frustrated about me.... Maybe it's not about me, but it really looks like.... I tried to call her, but she hung up... I don't want to bother her, so I won't call her anymore, and hope she'll call me back one day...

What did I do wrong ? I'm not a bad guy, I didn't try to broke her relationship, I'm not jealous, she's my friend...
    I don't know what to do, I'm so sad....
    Please tell me what you think, and what I should do... Fell free to ask question, I may have skipped some details
    Last edited by Crazyalex; 19-11-11 at 01:41 PM.

Her BF made her do it......He did some digging and cornered her about what was going on with you guys. She probably denied that she was the one initiating all the plans and stuff, and turned in on you saying that you were the one perusing her....so for her to save face, she is playing up her annoyance with you in front of her BF to cover her ass. She was makin you the fall guy.

So no you did nothing wrong (well sort of), you are not a fault here......it's all her. Basically her chatting with you, making plans and going on a trip? wow come on dude really?, she over stepped her relationship boundaries...and you should know better to even have this kind of emotional relationship with someone's GF, even tho she was the one who initiated it. If she was your GF and was chatting with some other guy, making plans and stuff as much as you did....would you not get pissed? Do you not see how wrong with that? You are not fooling anyone here....we all know you were hoping she would eventually break up with her BF so you could be with with her......you got burned dude.....by an attention whore. Karma got you back jack.

Lesson number 1: don't be messin with someone's GF it's a fruitless effort....most of the time they stick with or go back with the BF, leaving you crying in your cornflakes.

If a friend started treating me like that out of the blue, I'd probably, you know, send an email or something and ask if I did anything to make them angry. Then if they had a legitimate complaint, I might apologize, or if they just needed to stop talking to me because their boyfriend said so, I'd say okay, have a nice life.

But really, you don't have a genuine friendship to try salvaging, since you're interested in her and she's off-limits because she has a boyfriend. It's probably better if you just forget about her and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    you got burned dude.....by an attention whore.
    Is it really necessary to call girls attention whores all the time? You use this term a lot, and usually it seems like there's no basis for it. You like to use either that or the phrase "using you as an emotional tampon" for any girl who is friends with a guy and rejects him. It's not really fair, and it implies that men should be angry when a girl rejects them, or that a man is owed something from a friendship with a girl. Maybe you don't mean it this way, but I think that's what you're reinforcing most of the time when you say things like this.

And just so it seems like I'm not attacking you, I'll direct this at anyone who likes to throw out those phrases a lot. They're stupid, insulting catchphrases that would be better left unused.

It's the damn truth.....stop protecting girls who manipulate nice guys for their own selfish use.

The guys that actually do get treated as a true friend and with no B ull sh it from a girl don't come on here for help, because they don't need it.

It's the damn truth.....stop protecting girls who manipulate nice guys for their own selfish use.
    I'm not protecting anyone. There's nothing in this thread that indicates that she manipulated him.

The guys that actually do get treated as a true friend and with no B ull sh it from a girl don't come on here for help, because they don't need it.
    Not true. Plenty of guys come here because they have a crush on their best girl friend but were rejected. It happens all the time. Are you suggesting that any time a guy gets a crush that the girl must be doing something to ask for it?

Quote Originally Posted by MerryH View Post
    Is it really necessary to call girls attention whores all the time?
    And just so it seems like I'm not attacking you, I'll direct this at anyone who likes to throw out those phrases a lot. They're stupid, insulting catchphrases that would be better left unused.
    Why dont you just let people post their opinions, without you coming in over the top, like an attention whore, that you are. Why are you such a knob? Oh no need to answer, I got it ....cheers
    Last edited by rafterman; 19-11-11 at 09:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rafterman View Post
    Why dont you just let people post their opinions, without you coming in over the top, like an attention whore, that you are. Why are you such a knob?
    lol I don't think she's being an attention whore nor a knob at all. I find her points valid.

Calling people an attention whore or being an emotional tempon or whatever is degrading. Or maybe I just don't like these expressions at all.....

If they are used once or twice, fair enough. But bringing them up in lots of different situations over and over is a bit annoying.
    “Really, sex and laughter do go very well together, and I wondered - and I still do - which is more important.” - Hermione Gingold-

Quote Originally Posted by oneandonly View Post

Calling people an attention whore or being an emotional tempon or whatever is degrading. Or maybe I just don't like these expressions at all.....

If they are used once or twice, fair enough. But bringing them up in lots of different situations over and over is a bit annoying.
    LOLz , so you've been called one or twice?? Yes you sound like a whinging Pom.....STFU

LOLz , so you've been called one or twice?? Yes you sound like a whinging Pom.....STFU
    Actually, nope. And you couldn't see that that wasn't the exact point?!

lol. I had to google 'STFU'. Who is actually coming in over the top and being a knob?
    “Really, sex and laughter do go very well together, and I wondered - and I still do - which is more important.” - Hermione Gingold-

This all very interesting and all.....But I'm stickin to my guns....I'm callin it like it is.

Why dont you just let people post their opinions, without you coming in over the top, like an attention whore, that you are. Why are you such a knob? Oh no need to answer, I got it ....cheers
    You're still upset because I laughed at you when you got owned so hard by an obvious troll, aren't you.

This all very interesting and all.....But I'm stickin to my guns....I'm callin it like it is.
    Okay, smackie. Thanks for considering it.

Move on. She is such a horrible person.
    She manipulated you.