+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Girl I like wants to date - need some advice about potential complications!

FNM is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag

Girl I like wants to date - need some advice about potential complications!

Hey guys, hope you are all well.

I'll try to keep this as brief as I can.

A girl who I have liked for a while now has recently shown a lot of interest in me and I am pretty much certain she would agree to a date with me.

We know each other through our sixth form college, we only spoke briefly there but we have been Facebooking + texting regularly recently. I left college a few months ago, she is in her last year. As a result of this we obviously haven't seen each other for a while and don't see each other in day to day life.

Now, generally speaking it's a no brainer for me. I want to date her.

However, she lives a 25 minute drive away from me and we have somewhat conflicting schedules. As a result, I'm a little worried that we'd only be able to see each other about once per week, perhaps less sometimes, perhaps more sometimes.

Do you think our relationship would be viable given that there will be pretty big gaps between seeing each other? I don't want her or myself to end up feeling down because we can't see each other for another for X days.

She's also going to University next September, I may also be going. Might it be better to avoid a relationship with her to save the pain of the inevitable distance that University will cause (assuming we stay together that long, of course)?

I am truly grateful for any advice anybody can offer.

Thank you.

If you really like her then yes, try dating.

I dated my boyfriend through university years, despite that we were roughly twenty minutes by train from each other (we went to different universities and lived in a different town/city).
    As you say, a lot of the time each other was busy, but our genuine interest in each other kept us meeting up once a week, or once a fortnight. We texted often too to keep connected.
    I have dated him for roughly over four years now
    Though the downside is that now it is a long distance relationship, as he has moved back home which is about three hours away from me.
    But that is what you call love. True love conquers all.

Good Luck~!

Who said you had to make it into a committed relationship? Why not just keep it casual and see each other whenever, but keep your options open for someone that would be more suitable schedule wise.

FNM is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    Thanks very much for your advice guys, it has certainly helped me clear things up a little.

Smackie - You're absolutely right. There is no requirement for it to become something serious. Unfortunately I know what I'm like and I am prone to take things very seriously when I should lighten up and have a balanced view about dating. If I do decide to see her I'll definitely do what I can to keep it as casual as is necessary.

Looking too far into the future makes things more complicated than they have to be. Just enjoy the here and now. : ) Best of luck.

if you really want an advice , tips and etc. for dating,, i can help you .. you can go to my site and read my article.. my site is attached on my signature here .. , hope it will work and i hope it help's alot.. thanks ..
    If i see the link again you will be deleted.

The most important moment is now. You can't enjoy the future or the past so stop thinking about it.