+ Follow This Topic

Thread: She left me......

She left me......

Right first of all, My girlfriend of 2 years left just coming up to 6 months ago. I know things werent as good as they should have been while we were together and have now come to terms with the fact that we are probably better off as friends than anything else. However, I have recently met up with a girl i was speaking to on MSN and we managed to hit it off pretty much as soon as we met. Now i have told my so called ex about her and shes getting upset about it. I would just really like some advice on how to make her understand that it wasnt my doings that caused her to 'finish' with me in the first place but I would really like to stay as friends

Thanx

Personally I don't know how couples could possibly "stay friends" immediately after a break-up. And even if they do, there's a certain etiquette to those so-called friendships.
    1. There is no reason for you to tell her about your latest endeavors, if she wants to know ask her why. Don't you have guy friends that would be more fun to talk to about las chicas?
    2. She has no obligation to "be friends" with you. You can't call her and expect a totally neutral listener, that's just selfish and inconsiderate. If she needs time and is still hurt, you don't need to pour on the salt. Which brings me to my next point.
    3. You sound like you are angry with her for breaking up with you. That is why you are telling her about this new girl that you know nothing about. Would you honestly be fine listening to her talk about, say, a one-night-stand or hooking up with an old boyfriend? Probably not unless you were getting laid.

All in all, be sensitive, she has no reason to be your friend. If you truly accept the separation, than follow through, don't play mind games and use other girls as tools of jealousy. You'll be okay.

Quote Originally Posted by bohemiandonut
    Personally I don't know how couples could possibly "stay friends" immediately after a break-up. And even if they do, there's a certain etiquette to those so-called friendships.
    1. There is no reason for you to tell her about your latest endeavors, if she wants to know ask her why. Don't you have guy friends that would be more fun to talk to about las chicas?
    2. She has no obligation to "be friends" with you. You can't call her and expect a totally neutral listener, that's just selfish and inconsiderate. If she needs time and is still hurt, you don't need to pour on the salt. Which brings me to my next point.
    3. You sound like you are angry with her for breaking up with you. That is why you are telling her about this new girl that you know nothing about. Would you honestly be fine listening to her talk about, say, a one-night-stand or hooking up with an old boyfriend? Probably not unless you were getting laid.

All in all, be sensitive, she has no reason to be your friend. If you truly accept the separation, than follow through, don't play mind games and use other girls as tools of jealousy. You'll be okay.
    This is very good advice.

hehehe...

You made my day!

dude, what was past is past.
    keep ur personal matters to urself mate coz as bohemiandonut says, she cant be a neutral listener, no way mate.

cheers

hussain
    Are there no prisons? Are there no workhouses? - The Ghost of Christmas Past