+ Follow This Topic

Thread: worst date ever and i bailed, i dont feel bad either, should i?

worst date ever and i bailed, i dont feel bad either, should i?

Decided to go on a date saturday night with some girl who was bugging me all week. I gotta say i shouldnt of went, but the stupidity of her got me to just up and peace. I meet her and droped my car off and she said her and her girl friend wanted to go line dancing, I agreed to go since im into country. She said i could drink, ill sit at the bar and watch the women dance, im not dancing she can have a drink and talk with me then no big deal.

BUZZKILLl once i walk in, the drinking she spoke of was bottled water, no bar, no nothing! strike 1, get there and see the place is filled with younger looking people...strike 2, im 28 not 18-21....basicly she deicides to go dance and at this point i have 2 options, go flirt with other women or up and leave. strike 3 came after a girl tapped me on a shoulder and said i cant sit where i was sitting, i got into a mini arugement with her and said fine ill leave if i cant sit here.

I never told the girls who took me to the place i left, at that point i didnt care....i sure didnt care that i walked 10 miles to where i parked to meet them either, the quite 3.5hr walk of 10 miles was so much more enjoyable then sum1 thinking a date at a line dance place would be a great way to get to know me.

I felt bad for a slipt second but realized i dont need to tolerate BS from a date, a dates 1 on 1, not a mosh pit of loudness and misscomunication.

I told the chick next day she needs to find sum1 else. I felt she was just being a idoit texting me from the dance floor, really?! stop dancing and maybe talk to me with your mouth.
    Should i feel bad i just up and left after i had been fed up?!
    Last edited by oldskool83; 22-11-11 at 01:38 AM.

So I would assume your date was around 18-21 year old? You shouldn't feel bad if you were not that into her but somewhat of a guilt I would have for saying yes to the date.
    To be or not to be?

Is that the question?

i goggled the place where she took me, it says its open from ages 6 and up for clean fun. she was 22, not worth my time at all.

haha...it sounds to me as if you went on that date to (subconsciously) bring her to her senses.In a way, to make her stop ''bugging''' you any more....I am not saying you did it on purpose, but why else would you go on a date with someone and put youself in a frustrating position? I have bailed on dates before the actual date, by sending a text (shame on me)....But saves me the trouble you went through )) Anyway, not the nicest way to blow somebody off, but I've seen worse, so...you'll get over it

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by oldskool83 View Post
    Decided to go on a date saturday night with some girl who was bugging me all week. I gotta say i shouldnt of went, but the stupidity of her got me to just up and peace. I meet her and droped my car off and she said her and her girl friend wanted to go line dancing, I agreed to go since im into country. She said i could drink, ill sit at the bar and watch the women dance, im not dancing she can have a drink and talk with me then no big deal.

BUZZKILLl once i walk in, the drinking she spoke of was bottled water, no bar, no nothing! strike 1, get there and see the place is filled with younger looking people...strike 2, im 28 not 18-21....basicly she deicides to go dance and at this point i have 2 options, go flirt with other women or up and leave. strike 3 came after a girl tapped me on a shoulder and said i cant sit where i was sitting, i got into a mini arugement with her and said fine ill leave if i cant sit here.

I never told the girls who took me to the place i left, at that point i didnt care....i sure didnt care that i walked 10 miles to where i parked to meet them either, the quite 3.5hr walk of 10 miles was so much more enjoyable then sum1 thinking a date at a line dance place would be a great way to get to know me.

I felt bad for a slipt second but realized i dont need to tolerate BS from a date, a dates 1 on 1, not a mosh pit of loudness and misscomunication.

I told the chick next day she needs to find sum1 else. I felt she was just being a idoit texting me from the dance floor, really?! stop dancing and maybe talk to me with your mouth.
    Should i feel bad i just up and left after i had been fed up?!
    Do you drive a pickup truck?

While I understanding your frustration and wanting to leave, I think common courtesy would have been to at least tell the woman that you were leaving. You accepted the date, and as bad as it might have been, you could have at least told her that you were going to go home. Just my opinion...
    Brought to you by Dating With Devon!

Quote Originally Posted by DoesntMatter View Post
    Do you drive a pickup truck?
    i did, recently sold my lifted dodge ram and some other vehicals and kept my civic for my commute (25mile 1 way, my dodge got 10 lifted with 35's). i am looking for another truck but diesel now.

devon, yeah it was a dick move, i apologized to myself and to her.
    Last edited by oldskool83; 22-11-11 at 03:23 AM.

Dude, I think this is just one out those shitty situations where you were both wrong and theres no point beating yourself up for it. She should have suggested a proper first date, you should have told her you weren't enjoying yourself.
    'People are never perfect but love can be. People waste time looking for the perfect lover rather than creating the perfect love' - Princess Leigh-Cheri from Still Life With Woodpecker.

Quote Originally Posted by devonbrown View Post
    While I understanding your frustration and wanting to leave, I think common courtesy would have been to at least tell the woman that you were leaving. You accepted the date, and as bad as it might have been, you could have at least told her that you were going to go home. Just my opinion...
    Exactly what I was thinking. OP accepted a date, and agreed to go where they went. If he wasn't having a good time, it's fine to bail on a date, but he should be polite enough to at least say good bye.