+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Sex with your roommate...Is it bad? HELP!!!!!!!

Sex with your roommate...Is it bad? HELP!!!!!!!

So, I just moved to Portland Oregon about 3 months ago, the same time that I met 2 out of the 3 roommates that I have (the 3rd roommate is my best friend). Two girls, one guy...
    The guy is probably one of the coolest guys I have ever met, and when I met him I knew we'd be awesome friends, plus roommates, which is totally what ended up happening.
    When we moved into our new house, he didn't have a bed, and so he slept in mine, we felt that comfortable with each other already (totally platonic, but letting him do this was probably my mistake.).
    One night we ended up getting pretty drunk and we started fooling around (i'm single ya know? I figured it wouldnt hurt as long as the other roommates didn't know, which would be SUPER EMBARRASSING). After the next couple times we started actually having sex, and now we've been having sex for the last month now, pretty regularly, even though he has his bed now. We even take showers together...cuddle...kiss...It's WEIRD, and I feel like it should stop but it just feels so natural and comfortable and I really like him, I just know he doesn't feel that way about me because he constantly talks about his ex girlfriend and what not.
    Anyway, This is totally bizarre and abnormal for me. I've never had casual sex with someone before, ESPECIALLY a roommate. We do everything that my last boyfriend and I did, but we just don't go on dates, don't hold hands in public, or even tell anybody that this is going on. it's a HUGE secret.

My question is....am I completely irrational for letting this happen? Should I even be allowing this? And if not, how do I go about making it stop without ruining the awesome friendship/roommateship that we already have?

PLEASE HELP

:]

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Well you clearly enjoy getting your pussy smashed by this dude. If he doesn't like you (maybe he does but you're just autistic so don't know) then either take it or leave it

Yea, you can't undo that. You two will never be friends again. Just enjoy it until one of you finds someone else.

Are you okay with giving him free sex with no commitment or even anything? If you just enjoy the sex, continue it.

If you enjoy it, then try to get over your awkwardness, and accept yourself for who you are. As long as you have responsible sex with birth control, there should be no problem. I think it's a good learning experience of how different relationships can happen and what they are like. There's nothing to feel guilty about. You made a choice to do this, and I see nothing wrong with it.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)

wow, first responser, quite rude. I clearly don't have autism, and even if I did, I wouldn't be experiencing any relationship, at least very easily.
    The reason I asked in the first place was because, like I said, this thing that's going on is a huge secret...and I wanted to hear other people's advice. Thanks to the last responder...You made me feel best about this situation. <3

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I don't understand why having sex with someone means you can't be normal around each other or be friends. I have friends that were former f-buddies and nothing more. Sex tends to lead to kissing and cuddling, but those actions don't mean there's any romantic attachment.

Sex is just sex. If you live with a guy and you happen to enjoying sexual things together, so what. It's not hurting anyone unless feelings get involved. Maybe it's something you don't figure out til you're older?...I don't know, but a lot of people seem to think of sex as a taboo thing that must come hand in hand with 'feelings'.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by bluesummer View Post
    I don't know, but a lot of people seem to think of sex as a taboo thing that must come hand in hand with 'feelings'.
    Um, Americans has ALL KINDS of hangups about sex. And she's American. I mean, she has fewer hangups than the average American. But she did ask for feedback.

Sleepyhead,
    Ignore the rude posters like Mwahaha and Dopplemakemelol and others. It's not your problem.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)