+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Stuck between two men

Stuck between two men

Hi guys, i would really love an outsiders perspective on this.
    lets go back to about this time last year. i met a guy in a club and he was immidiately what i wanted. i knew he was my type of guy. we dated and hung out and had a really great time for 9 months. but there was never any commitment because he didnt know what he was going to be doing with his job - working overseas. plus he was scared from his previous relationship because he got hurt before.
    i met guy 2 only 3 months ago and broke it off totally with guy 1 to give him a good chance..
    i was heistant to start with because i still had feelings for guy 1. but i gave in and ended up commiting to him about a month in thinking that guy 1 was long gone.
    only last week guy 1 came back and said how much he had stuffed up and he realised how he treated me was wrong and he wants it all back for the full deal this time. he pretty much pulled his heart out and said it was mine if i wanted it - all along not knowing i was dating guy 2.
    so i broke up with guy 2 because i am so confused on what to to. he wants to give me a week to really thing about what i want to do - he doesnt know about guy 1 being back on the scene.
    i honestly dont know what to do. guy 1 has history and had my heart but he broke it. guy 2 does everything right and couldnt put a foot wrong, but it was immidiate fireworks like when i met guy 1. this is tearing me up side because i dont want to hurt anyone and i dont want to drag it out! help!!! please!

My suggestion - leave both guy 1 and guy 2 alone for a while. Be on your own. There is no need to be in a relationship if you are unsure of what you want to do / who you want to be with. It is only fair to both of them and the only fair thing to you as well.

Good luck.
    Brought to you by Dating With Devon!

your not over guy 1 number but it seems guy 2 treaded your better. No you have prob hurt guy 2 and your still hurt. I am a firm beleiver in if sum1 broke up with you once there is a better chance they will do it again. remeber that when you take some time to think about things.

i suggest a long 10 mile away at night back road and let your mind go be free, decide in the morning...your guts already telling yur mind to listen to it. from my option guy 2 didnt deserve just to be dumped out of the blue.

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    do you truly believe guy 1 wants you back, the full real deal and is prepared to take in all of what is a relationship? Do you really believe this or do you like him so much you jut want to believe this. If you truly believe this, I say you go for guy 1. But I think you need to take this full week maybe 2 weeks to think about this.

Don't jump back with guy 1 without deep thought.

I agree with devonbrown.
    I often find that people who date 2 persons at the same time are the kind that can't be alone or are not happy with the person they are with, so they compensate with finding the missing traits in another person.
    For example, my male friend was dating a girl whom he was very attracted to sexually but drove him crazy becasue they could not hold a peaceful conversation without arguing all the time, so he constantly kept his ''frendly'' emotional affairs close to him to compensate for his need for conversation.He would hide this from his girlfriend nr. one with the excuse that she would not believe that he had platonic friends over for conversation. That was still emotional cheating.
    Another case: female friend dated two guys because her first guy was the marrying kind, ritch and by the book, whereas the second one was much older & they had no future, but clicked sexually and he made her laugh.
    To cut the long story short, check if you are doing the same thing?

Combining two people into one does not ONE boyfriend make!

You said it yourself you like guy 1, which clearly means you don't want guy 2. If your scared about being with guy 1 then its up to you whether to stay with him. However its not fair to keep dating guy as it seems like you don't want him and utimatley because of that it will never work. Let him have a chance to meet someone who sees him as guy 1.

maybe u shud tell guy to about guy 1....then just be with ur own self n try to figure it all out...but i think u clearly r not over guy one...maybe u shud give him a chance...he came back after all this while, there has got to be something..but do tel guy one abt ur intentions...all the best