+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Need Some Advice

Need Some Advice

Hey everyone.
    My name is John. I'm 20 years old and am a music major. I have only had one girlfriend and it lasted 2 weeks in the 9th grade.
    I have had plenty of opportunities to date others, however, I always get stuck.
    I feel as if I am searching for my wife... not a girlfriend. I am looking for a serious / long term relationship or ... not really even that .. just am looking for someone that I could see myself marrying. I feel as if I am making too big a deal over it all and am "trying" too hard. I have never been someone who lusted after physical intimacy.. and I would never just date someone for the sex.
    I tend to fall pretty hard for girls that I can't ever seem to get. I am confident, good looking (so others have told me), have a bright future and am a pretty good musician. I feel like I could be PERFECT for someone... I just can't find her.

Before I go on.. how many times have you heard that last statement.. Probably 50 billion times..

I know people say to have patience and that they will eventually show themselves... however... I have been extremely patient. I stayed single.. by choice.. from 9th grade until now... so for the past 5 years... I haven't tried super hard to find her... just been waiting and hoping she would show up. I have taken chances.. because obv. if you never try.. you will never succeed, however, the relationship always gets stuck because i realize she isn't the one.

A little about me:
    I'm 5 foot 11
    Athletic build, however, on the skinnier side.
    You could imagine me to dress like a skater.. I love to skate and be outdoors.
    I am considered the life of the party and usually am just a crazy funny guy.
    I do get a little shy around people I don't know too well.. especially if it's a bigger crowd of strangers.
    I just like to chill and let things roll off my shoulders.. I try not to worry too much.

Is there something I could be doing differently? Anyone know of any tips or advice on waiting? Should I continue holding out for her? In my opinion, it will be worth it.. because
    A. my wife is going to find it super romantic that I waited on her.
    B. my wife isn't going to know wtf hit her.. like real talk.. when I find her.. I'm going to pour everything onto her. She will literally be the Queen of my life.. and I don't mean in the sense that I have no backbone and just let her walk and run the relationship.. I mean in the sense that.. I am going to do so many romantic things for her.

This will give you an idea of how much of a hopeless romantic I am.
    I want to play her music... serenade her with it...
    My ideal date is a horse drawn carriage around a bustling town.. in the winter.. with it snowing and we just sit there cuddled up and drink coffee and talk.
    I want to spend nights just staying awake.. laying beside each other... not necessarily even talking, just being together... and feeling each other's presence.

Normally, I wouldn't have posted here or joined the forum.. I would've just gone on with my life...
    however, I am getting impatient. I feel like I've waited my fair share and am now just yearning that relationship.
    Anyone else gone through this?

P.S. If your out there.. I'm here.
    Last edited by Yourromeo; 23-11-11 at 05:03 PM.

What you should be doing differently is doing SOMETHING. If you are looking for someone who could be your wife BEFORE you date someone, you aren't going to ever find her. Unless you send away for her in the mail.

Don't think about dating as only for sex. Or only for marriage. Think of dating as something for fun. Just start going on dates. Don't worry about relationships, just ask people out and go on dates. You may find someone you like spending time with without thinking about whether she would look good in a wedding gown.

Live in the present tense. Always looking for the future keeps you from experiencing the now and keeps your wants from happening.

Good luck.
    Brought to you by Dating With Devon!

It's good that you are commitment minded, and not only looking for sex. I think women would find that appealing.
    I think you should causally date many people before you can find the perfect woman for you.
    I don't mean have sex with many people....just date and get to know each other. Have fun, and learn.
    If there is chemistry, you can't stop what will happen.