+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Help, my girlfriend is being really weird lately

Help, my girlfriend is being really weird lately

Hey all, I've had a girlfriend for a couple of months now but recently she's been very weird. I'll tell you something about myself and then about her, and then my whole situation.

My name is Maurice, I'm 17 years old and I'm in the last year of high school. In my free time I do kickboxing, powerlifting and gymnastics soon. In my free time at home I watch movies or play world of warcraft at times. That's how I met my girlfriend in the first place.

My girlfriend's name is Linda, she's 21 years old and at the moment hasn't studied yet and has no work. So she's sitting at home all day long. In the past she's been sexually abused by her father, she suffers from a depression but I haven't noticed any of that the past couple of months, like 2 or so. She can incredibly sweet and cute, but... there's a bit of a gloomy, terrible side to her.

We both met each other through playing world of warcraft around march somewhere. We decided our feelings were mutual about liking each other if we'd know each other in real. So after lots of talking, long nights, lovey-dovey moods we decided to meet up in august. It all went well, I took her home from the airport and we had lots of fun, and sex obviously. She took all of my firsts. Her going home was a bit horrible of course and we both cried.

Later in october, from the 14th till the 23rd I went to her place. It all went well from friday until... wednesday. She was on the laptop quite a lot, pretty much ignoring me so I said something about it to her and she took it very wrong. Told me she wasn't my mommy and that I need to grow up, stuff like that. So she got mad and went outside for a smoke. The bad mood had been going on until I went home, at sunday. She'd still wake me up at night for sex though.

When I got home she was being very awkward when I talked to her on MSN, she said she maybe doesn't want to meet anymore and pretty much has treated me like shit since while I'm always staying nice all the time. She'd suddenly leave from MSN without saying a thing, but I was there for her when she came back, just stayed nice all the time.

Today we were talking on MSN and out of nowhere she went to play some new game that came out recently and just ignored me for 2 hours and told me afterward "that she didn't ****ing do it on purpose", didn't tell me anything about being away for a while... found that weird so mentioned it, now she's pissed at me. It's always like this...

Yesterday I called her and I told her that was the last time she'd hear my voice, but she ended up crying because of that, said she still loves me. I love her too... incredibly much. I was thinking of just breaking every connection now, she wants to see me again once I'm graduated is what she says, which is after 7 months... I'm always there for her, but she's not there for me. And if I tell her something that bothers me about our relationship she gets pissed off and leaves without saying goodbye, I'm just very sad at the moment and don't know what to do...

Sorry for the huge wall of text, it's just a long story. ):

Oh, and forgot to ask what you all think what's going in her and why she's doing this, I really don't get it... this is my first relationship.
    Last edited by Alphyn; 24-11-11 at 12:39 AM.

This is the issue - its your first relationship and you don't know any better. This girl has baggage and its seeping out all over the place.

Once she said that she doesn't want to meet you anymore, this is the sign that its time to move on. She either says it and means it, which means its over, says it and doesn't mean it, which means she is playing game or emotionally unstable. Either way, someone with experience would probably walk away from this.

She is messed up, snaps, and has daddy problems and emotional baggage. You're 17 and she is 21, so you're also in different places in life - she has graduated and is out in the real world, you're still living under your parents control. Find a girl close to you that you can see frequently and enjoy being with. This long-distance emotional wreck of a relationship will be damaging to you in the long run. Not a good way to get into the game.
    "All is fair in love and war." - Francis Edward Smedley

Sorry dude. Love stinks. It will hurt like hell, but you will get over it in a few months. It is part of growing up.

Thanks, she's emotionally very unstable. She's made out of glass. And she hasn't graduated, hasn't even studied yet... it's a bit sad tbh. I'm thinking of just breaking all connection, don't want to say anything about it because else I'll keep on coming back to her...

I think I'm going to just delete her off MSN, facebook and world of warcraft. That should be the best... this won't work. And I don't want a girlfriend who makes me wait for 6 months to see her again, it's ridiculous.

She's projecting herself on me all the time, telling me I'm naive and need to grow up (I still need to yes, but more than her at the moment? No.) and it's just bugging me, I'm always there for her but she's not there for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Alphyn View Post
    Thanks, she's emotionally very unstable. She's made out of glass. And she hasn't graduated, hasn't even studied yet... it's a bit sad tbh. I'm thinking of just breaking all connection, don't want to say anything about it because else I'll keep on coming back to her...

I think I'm going to just delete her off MSN, facebook and world of warcraft. That should be the best... this won't work. And I don't want a girlfriend who makes me wait for 6 months to see her again, it's ridiculous.

She's projecting herself on me all the time, telling me I'm naive and need to grow up (I still need to yes, but more than her at the moment? No.) and it's just bugging me, I'm always there for her but she's not there for me.
    Be a man a break it off, don't just cut and run. Make sure you know your objective before you start the conversation and don't take anything less. Don't let yourself be manipulated into anything befond breaking up.
    "All is fair in love and war." - Francis Edward Smedley

Thanks Cerby, I just broke all forms of how she can contact and blocked her... don't want to start this same shit over again. Even if she does manage to contact me somehow, I won't go back. People's nature never changes, so going back would be pointless.