+ Follow This Topic

Thread: was i wrong

was i wrong

Hi guys.
    I was with my bf and his friend a couple of nights ago. My bf and his friend were drinking that night. Not happy he was drinking. There were a couple of girl walking accross the street and my bf friend said something to them about being hot. The ladies cursed at my bf and his friend and they cursed back. My bf 14 yr old daughter and myself were in the backseat. I told my mother about that night and she said that it was rude and disrespectful. I don't think it was. Men are going flirt and i told her that. She says that he is going to end up flirting and kissing and hugging on women because of that one night and that i don't respect myself and he doesn't respect me if he would talk like that in front of me. Am i wrong when i say that it didn't bother me about that night. I don't like the flirting but that night he was drinking and i understood. If i make a big deal out of nothing then he would never want to go out me on any events. He's in the entertainment business and there are alot of events and i don't want to feel like my mother is right.

Your boyfriend is an a-hole. Why do you date these people? You don't ask for much, do you?
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)

To each their own dear, but if a man will do that in front of a women he supposedly loves, he doesn't respect you. We all know men look and think things about other women... but the way he expressed it, so rude. I would of left him. You should listen to your mother. Take it from me. You let him get away with a little now, it'll get worse everytime. You seem like a very sweet person... don't subject yourself to a man like that. Best of luck.

I would never flirt with another women in the presence of my girlfriend. If I did, I would expect her to leave me. That is really low class.

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Straight up disrespectful, even if he was drinking. Not to mention he did it n front of his teenage daughter. Now he's teaching his daughter to expect that behaviour like that from men is to be expected in relationships.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi