+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help

If you used the breakup with him to try and make him more passionate about you then stop that kind of passive agressivness in future and just tell him what you would like to see from him and if it doesn't improve after you outright ask for what you want, then break up with him and actually mean it and not just be using it for a stategy to keep him by hoping he'll be all over you thinkinghe's going to lose you.

it is quite obvious by your discription of your relationship that he was not wholly into nurturing it and he was not very keen on whether or not you were with him or not. I suspect that he just said enough to keep you around for when he wanted something and then once he got it he went back to being apathetic and non-caring.

You're better off without him even talking to you again because if he does, I suspect you'll allow yourself back with him only to be treated the same way.

Learn to communicate your needs and if after clearly stating what you want, he does not improve on showing you in actions that he loves and cares for you then just break it off and stop wishing your tactics make him want you. You can't make someone care, they have to volunteer for that job. He certainly wasn't doing much of anything.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeup View Post
    If you used the breakup with him to try and make him more passionate about you then stop that kind of passive agressivness in future and just tell him what you would like to see from him and if it doesn't improve after you outright ask for what you want, then break up with him and actually mean it and not just be using it for a stategy to keep him by hoping he'll be all over you thinkinghe's going to lose you.

it is quite obvious by your discription of your relationship that he was not wholly into nurturing it and he was not very keen on whether or not you were with him or not. I suspect that he just said enough to keep you around for when he wanted something and then once he got it he went back to being apathetic and non-caring.

You're better off without him even talking to you again because if he does, I suspect you'll allow yourself back with him only to be treated the same way.

Learn to communicate your needs and if after clearly stating what you want, he does not improve on showing you in actions that he loves and cares for you then just break it off and stop wishing your tactics make him want you. You can't make someone care, they have to volunteer for that job. He certainly wasn't doing much of anything.
    Well, first of all I was serious about breaking up. I hoped he wouldn't give up on me so fast, not because I'm planning on getting back with him if he protests, but simply because I want to feel like these 6 months had a meaning to him.

Second of all; I have repeatedly told him what I want and need, but he's got the kind of mentality that 'It's just how he is so I have to get used to it 'cause he's certainly not planning on changing for anyone', which basically means that he is not going to give me what I want and need.

This morning I talked to him via msn saying that if he wanted to say anything, anything at all, that he had to say it then because I was on the verge of deleting everything I have of him. He didn't know what I was talking about. I told him that I had texted him on which he replied that he hasn't read his texts yet since his phone is in his car and so he doesn't have it. A part of me thinks that's complete bullshit since he's always busy with clients and therefore always has his phone with him. I let it go, but that's just another reason that made me continue the break-up. He's so...indifferent. Nothing I need or want. I'm a very passionate and intense type. He's indifferent, cold and actually a bit shallow. Anyway, we talked via msn for a while. He told me he didn't want to break up, but I'm absolutely sure it's better this way. Then he told me he'll text me, mail me, and call me. If I don't answer, then so be it, but he'll keep trying. He told me he'd call me today and practically begged me to pick up my phone when he did. I'm not planning on picking up. For me its over.

By the way, if you're talking about sex...well, we haven't had sex yet, so it's not like he gets it and bolts when its over. You'd think that since there's less of the physical involved that we'd be more mentally connected. Well at least, that's my logics. But it's not like that, not one bit.

Anyway, since it's over I guess there's no need to analyze everything anymore.

Good luck, you will find someone who is far more suited to you. Staying in the wrong relationship just makes it take longer to find the person.
    "Never make someone your priority, when to them you are only an option"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12