Hi so this I have this problem and I really hope someone can help me solve this it's a bit complicated but do let me explain this:

I met this beautiful girl who I was planning on taking my time with things were going great we really had strong feelings for each other I was the first guy she ever kissed and we are in high school im almost a senior but anyway...At the 3 week mark of us dating my friends were pressuring me into asking her to be my girlfriend and at the time I still wasn't comfortable enough I wanted to wait at least 2 to 3 months to ask but they kept telling me that I would end up in the friend zone and lose her so I got scared and ended up being right nervous around her feeling as if I was about to lose her and I worked too hard to get this girl I gave her a flower and a card for her birthday and everything which i've never done with any girl that I have dated in the past I felt something with her that just clicked like there was something special but it needed I needed more time to prepare for it ....anyways at about the month and a half point I took her out for supper and then we went down to a beautiful scenery place talked for a bit, kissed and I asked her out to semi she happily said yes...

So I drove her home that night knowing in my mind that I wasn't ready to ask her this but felt so scared to lose her being the first girl I've ever had true feelings for and I ended up asking her to be my "Girlfriend" She got nervous and stuttered a lot and told me she didn't know and that she needed some time to think about it...I was crushed,disappointed the feeling of all my efforts going down the drain was so painful for me bare I took this as a sign that she wasn't interested and we had a rough patch before that where I was scared and i ended up trying to leave her and her friend had told me how upset she was and I felt so cared for that I gave it another chance and liked her even for the second time around....

So the next day we didn't talk much I knew exactly what was going on I felt disgusted with myself for doing it over people's minds over my heart I ended up telling her to meet me the next day...

So i picked up some hot chocolates the next day and went and picked her up... we sat in the car and I ended up telling her that I couldn't date a girl with half the feelings for me and she told me she had second thoughts when I asked her for the relationship and that she felt she wasn't mature enough yet but i knew exactly that it was the relationship between us that was not mature enough not her...

Anyway we decided to be friends (My suggestion) I sincerely knew in the back of my mind that I was the one that messed it all up needless too say she was the first girl I've ever cried over I felt like I really let myself down because I had liked this girl months before we started dating and finally worked the courage to talk to her and date her and kiss her and give her a lot of my dedication only to have it fall apart so early in the game.

3 weeks later: I can't let it go I tried too meet other girls and hang around with all my friends but it just seems to cover up the harsh reality of how much she meant to me those beautiful moments we had that felt like they were straight out of a movie just can't be wasted...A lot of her friends are my friends so I've heard from them that she said that we are better off friends but what if she's in denial? She was very hesitant and disappointed while we were talking in the car that day about being friends.

So here i am now im texting her again she shows some interest she's showing just as much attention in texting me as she did when we were dating she's using her "!"'s and her ":p" that we used she's not using "" or "" but I wouldn't expect that anyway from this situation...

Look I just need some advice am I wasting my time here and need to get over myself and move on?

Or should I give it another try wait some time keep in touch with her then ask her out on another date and try to make things work at my own pace instead of everyone else's?

Sincerely: "Guy Who Could Be Mentally Insane For The First Time In His Life"