+ Follow This Topic

Thread: What does this girl want from me!? (girls please)

What does this girl want from me!? (girls please)

So theres this girl i like. We were friends for a few months and i developed feelings for her. She literally showed every sign that she was into me. She literally got my number from some random person and started texting me. Always said hi to me, was flirty, and she would always focus all of her attention on me. She gave me waaay more attention then any of her other friends and guy friends when i was around. So i go off to college and i realized i should probably tell her how i feel. When i do, she tells me she just wants to be friends. I was totally bewildered, she was always the one who initiated everything and asked me to hangout all the time. She was the one who randomly hooked up with me at a concert. So i was drunk one night and she texted me and i basically told her off for leading me on for so long, but it was a little harsh so i ended up apologizing. We decided to take a break and not talk for a while.

I tried texting her to get things the way they were before when we were friends but she never answered. Then one day she texts me apologizing for leading me on for so long and she understood why i was so mad. Now we continue to talk regularly and she ended up telling me about how she still likes her ex and was asking me for advice. ( i know, clear friendzone sign)

When i got home for break she was literally begging me to hangout with her. She wanted me to hangout with her friends at the mall but i said no because i already went earlier. Then she starts begging me for like 2 hours to go and literally sounds like shes on the brink of tears. She even said you can come pick me up ill leave my friends and we can go do whatever you want. I still do not want to go and then her friend calls me and tries to convince me to pick her up saying how much she misses me etc. I felt really bad so the next day we hungout just the two of us for like 4 hours. i can tell she gets a little jealous of the girls i hangout with in college because she is always mocking their appearance when they are totally good looking girls. I just find it so hard to believe that she could want to spend so much time with me and miss me so much and not feel anything more than friends. My guess is that she still cannot get over her ex. I guess my question is...do you think i have any shot with her? All my friends are convinced she likes me but how do i get her to get over her ex? I have stopped being there for her all the time and it seems to be working pretty good. I have moved on, but i will always still have feelings for her cause shes really special to me. I'm starting to think that i was just never really aggressive enough in pursueing her and i actually sort of treated her as a friend unintentionally.

sorry for commenting,cant be helped...

dude,the first thing you should do...no...you have to do is...take off your blindfolds...

...its obvious that shes into you and if you are not sure why or whatever,go along with her and you will eventualy find out (woman will never tell you directly what she wants,and if so,fromt that time on,youll be forever something like a noob to her)...

and other thing...you said you think she cant get over her ex...wrong...DONT THINK...men are retards when they start to think...listen to your heart and your feelings (!NOT TO YOUR TOOL OR BRAIN!)

"do you think i have any shot with her?"...what more clues do you want?want her to jump at you when shell meet you next time?...wake up,dont think and do something.

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I don't know, it seems like she's into you but at the same time she blew you off. Seems to me it might be a case that she really does like you as a friend, but maybe also likes the idea of you fawning over her? Once you've told a girl you're into her, she's bound to get a little jealous of other girls because she gets an ego boost from knowing you're crushing on her.

Honestly, I would just be up front with her and ask her if there's any chance that she would be interested in you, beyond friends. If she says no a second time, leave it alone for good and move on. Be her friend if you want to (but only if you think you can be only her FRIEND and keep feelings out of it). Good luck.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

You can't get her to get over her ex.

Ask her if she wants to go on some dates with you. Don't make it sound like you're asking for commitment from her, just see if she'd be open to it. If so, great, dinner on Friday. If not, you can stop thinking you have a shot with her.

Yes she is definitely into you. The only way you can get her to "get over her ex" is by making her see that you are better than him. The best way to do this would be baby steps. You need to drop little hints that you still care about her. Another thing you have to do is make her feel special you don't need to text her for long periods of time but drop flirty text her and there to let her know that she is on your mind. If she response positively to this you will know it you should move further with her or not.

Alright thanks guys...solid advice i was thinking about doing exactly what you all just said but wasn't sure if it was a good idea or not. I really just cannot understand this girl. I agree it does seem like she may like the idea of me fawning over her, but at the same time I really do not give her much attention. It's her who talks to me first 9 out of 10 times. Also, she always treated me this way even before i told her i was into her. So I'll see what happens when I come home in a few weeks. I think the main problem here is that I am away at college, while shes still at home witch is where her ex is so it would make sense to continue going after him I guess.

Uhh, sounds like a wacko..Bluesummer got it bang on, i think. Ask her a second time, if she blows you off again, you know that she just likes the attention that you provide her with and toying with you. If thats the case, run as far away as you can because she won't change and you are just going to be miserable.

Quote Originally Posted by all alone View Post
    Uhh, sounds like a wacko..Bluesummer got it bang on, i think. Ask her a second time, if she blows you off again, you know that she just likes the attention that you provide her with and toying with you. If thats the case, run as far away as you can because she won't change and you are just going to be miserable.
    hahaha its good to know I'm not the only one totally bewildered by this girl...i dont know how i run into girls like this. She is definatly a little crazy but shes really fun and actually extremely nice and caring to me at the end of the day so thats why Ive stayed interested. But once again thanks for the advice