+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Why Does She Do This?

Why Does She Do This?

Hi, as some have read in previous posts, my ex broke up with me a month ago and I decided to write this letter with no intention of giving it to her, but I wish I knew why I felt this way when I've been doing so great for a month. Here it is.

X,

I have done so great for a month without a lot of contact. I’ve been going out and doing things, getting together with friends and yet you seem to always creep right back in my head and today, I hate it. I wish you would just leave me alone. Why did you have to ask my sister to go to this Latino thing? There’s so many people you could ask, but you chose my family instead. Why? I almost want to tell everyone that I don’t want to hear about you anymore, because it just hurts so much whenever I hear about you in that sense. I want you to go and have fun and get on with life, and I’m not saying that you can’t be friends with my sister, but why did you have to do that now?

Anyways, it has nearly been a month and each day I understand more and more there isn’t a chance that you’re coming back. I’ve realized it before, but now I think it’s become more clear. I’m moving on just fine with my life. I am actually meeting new people and believe it or not, I’m hosting a party this Friday. I can see one day soon that I will eventually have enough strength to bring you back into my life as a friend, but for now I just can’t do it. I’m sorry.

I still love and care about you, but honestly not as much as I used to. I hope this isn’t a bad thing, but as many people know, you can’t help your feelings and mine are fading. I wish you well in your future endeavours.

That's the letter:
    Please give me your thoughts on this. For those that don't know my situation, read the posts "Question about No Contact" and "I got a kick out of this...". It will give you a better understanding.

hey you're still getting over the girl. don't ask why people always want to linger in ex's lives, it's annoying i know for certain. but it sounds like you're doing good, so keep it up

thanks for the reply. You're right, I'm doing fine. As the day passed, I forgot about it.