+ Follow This Topic

Thread: In a weird spot

In a weird spot

Ok i have been dating my girlfriend for 3 years now. Had i few close break ups about stupid crap, seems like its once a day. We have done everything together ( I was her first) and since then i just don't feel any spark or wanting to go out of my way to do something cute. Now this weekend I went to the desert (no g/f )with some friends and a girl i have hung out with a few times before was there. whats weird is that she isn't as beautiful as my girl but i want her more. We talked and hung out untill the wee hours of the morning.FOund out that there are a million things in common. we got to a conversation on how people hold in there fellings and she said to share something that i wouldn't tell anyone else. So i even mentioned how i wanted to kiss her, but she just reminded me that i had a girlfriend. Now is that saying i would if you didnt have one she would or what? she is constantly on my mind but im lost on what to do.
    Last edited by .D.; 24-02-05 at 07:36 AM.

These things happened. Hell, happened to me. I'm not gonna say I wanted to kiss another girl, but I was attracted and felt we had a lot of things in common. Ask yourself one question though. If you break up with her are you willing to risk what you have for something that's not guaranteed? If so, then it's time to move on. This is a stage people go through. You've been with this girl 3 years. Remember that the "spark" is not always going to be there.

With regards to the on and off breakups, this is where I think you both need time. I'm not sure your reasoning behind breaking up, but give each other space to miss each other. I'm saying see what happens after a few weeks or even a month and if you miss her, you have your answer. Even if you're having fun with friends, if you still feel something is missing. But this is a risk also, because if you require this space, don't expect her to stand there waiting.

All the best to you with whatever you do, but keep in mind. Many people have been in your position and it's not easy. Just do what your heart says.

Cdoc

ok well i told my gf about how i felt with no spark and yet i do still love her, told her i wanted a month break to see where i am with in that month time span. she said it came out of no where broke down in tears and said ok i love you and hope you want me at the end of next month. i don't know i think that was a guilt try not sure. thanks Cdoc

Quote Originally Posted by .D.
    ok well i told my gf about how i felt with no spark and yet i do still love her, told her i wanted a month break to see where i am with in that month time span. she said it came out of no where broke down in tears and said ok i love you and hope you want me at the end of next month. i don't know i think that was a guilt try not sure. thanks Cdoc
    I think any person would have a broken heart if their SO of 3 years suddenly told them they weren't sure if they loved them. I am sure your girl was being honest about being hurt.

You should definitely take this time to assess what you really want. Loving your girl doesn't mean that it is right. If you are having doubts now it is best for both of you to figure it out rather than waiting longer and wasting each others time.