+ Follow This Topic

Thread: A practice date?

A practice date?

Theres a girl I like whos been my friend for about a year. I've been trying to break out the friend zone but too much of a blockhead and I can never get the mood right. I've never taken her on a real formal date before, like dinner, a movie, walk at night etc. We've always just hung out and smoked bud etc. In fact ive never been on a proper date before ever.

Id like to ask her out on a proper date for the holidays, and I want to get it right this time.

Theres this girl I've known for almost 8 years now shes practically like an older sister to me. She had a crush on me in highschool but I never returned her feelings, we've been really good friends since then. I am really comfortable around her and we really click well, we talk on the phone almost everyday and shes the only girl I can hold a conversation with for more than 20 minutes.

I'd like to ask this girl to go on a "practice date". Like basically go through the routine and have her give me pointers. My table manners arent great and Im really awkward when it comes to walking next to or being close to someone. I figure maybe she could help me pick out a decent set of clothes while im at it. Shes been a relationship with a friend of mine for over a year and shes made it clear to her boyfriend everytime I am around them both that we are nothing more than good friends.

Im just wondering if a male friend asked you this question would you get really weirded out? I dont want to come off like im expressing interest in her because shes in a good relationship and I value her as a friend.

Okaaay.......Why not just ask this other girl out and be who you are already? She already knows you and how shiity your table manners are. Just be yourself
    Last edited by surfhb; 01-12-11 at 03:46 PM.