+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Huge mistake!!

Quote Originally Posted by bulrush View Post
    You can't blame the child if the parent was ignorant to begin with. Jen12 sounds like a child of kids who grew up in the "affluent" 1980s. Back then it was all about material things. Not good manners, education, social skills, or good relationships. I should know, I grew up then too.
    "you can't blame the child if the parent was ignorant to begin with" That has got to be the most disgusting post I have ever seen on this entire forum. How in the world do you bring up someone's parents when you do not know if they are dead, alive, or what condition their health is in?????? Telling a person that their parents did a bad job in raising them does not in any shape or form connect to the situation at hand so why bother post? You know you do have the option to not post advice if you do not feel you have any (good or bad) that would be "GOOD MANNERS!"

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Jen12 View Post
    Telling a person that their parents did a bad job in raising them does not in any shape or form connect to the situation at hand so why bother post?
    LOL, welcome to 'Love' Forum, Jen. He's pinging for a response to get a sense how sensitive you are. Quite, I should say. Anyway, did you want to post anything else on your thread, or are we done?
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    You are still selfish, IMO. Your apology isn't b/c you genuinely feel bad, its b/c you aren't getting what you want. A real apology is given without any expectation of a result.

You sound like a typical Gen "me" er. Grow up. Its not all about you.
    I took some time to think and I FINALLY understand what you ment by my "Self-Entitlement" I make the mistake of not telling him how hisfriends talking about me made me feel, I make the mistake of breaking up with him, yet he should feel bad??? No I need to own up; I caused this and thus the only thing left for me to do is befriend him, "WOO" him back and let him know that I am really sorry for it. At the time I thought I was protecting myself but I ended up doing more damage than I ever imagined. Right now im not going to selfishly intervene with what he is doing with this other girl if they break up then maybe that is my second chance to actually show him that all I want is to be happy with him and all of the other s*** doesn't matter. BIG LESSON LEARNED THE HARD WAY, but thank you

I took some time to think and I FINALLY understand what you ment by my "Self-Entitlement" I make the mistake of not telling him how hisfriends talking about me made me feel, I make the mistake of breaking up with him, yet he should feel bad??? No I need to own up; I caused this and thus the only thing left for me to do is befriend him, "WOO" him back and let him know that I am really sorry for it. At the time I thought I was protecting myself but I ended up doing more damage than I ever imagined. Right now im not going to selfishly intervene with what he is doing with this other girl if they break up then maybe that is my second chance to actually show him that all I want is to be happy with him and all of the other s*** doesn't matter. BIG LESSON LEARNED THE HARD WAY, but thank you
    If you mean that - for real, I mean... then good for you.

Communications are more important than anything in a relationship. Never assume you know what the other person feels. Never assume they know what you feel. Never assume that they know what you want. If you want something, ask for it. It's the best way to get it. If they say "no", then you reassess the relationship.

It took me DECADES to learn that.

Im pretty lucky that my ex's relationship was just a fling and my patients has shown me just how much I care and how willing I am. But now I need to know
    should I start to rekindle the flame or to even reestablish a relationship between the two or us via text?

If he takes you back, he's an idiot. I hope he's smart enough to run far, far away.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartIsAching View Post
    If he takes you back, he's an idiot. I hope he's smart enough to run far, far away.
    I fell like you may have been hurt like REALLY BADLY in your past because all of your post. AND I MEAN ALL, not just replies to mine are so nasty. why do you bother to waste your time posting on a forum if you feel the people that post here are so dumb and useless. If you feel that I am such a horrible person dont even bother to take the time to reply. Find a new hobby and stop sucking on so many lemons. AT the least don't post on MY thread. I already said I made a mistake I AM HUMAN after all.

This started weeks ago.....is there going to be an end? Your ex has already moved on by now.

I fell like you may have been hurt like REALLY BADLY in your past because all of your post. AND I MEAN ALL, not just replies to mine are so nasty. why do you bother to waste your time posting on a forum if you feel the people that post here are so dumb and useless. If you feel that I am such a horrible person dont even bother to take the time to reply. Find a new hobby and stop sucking on so many lemons. AT the least don't post on MY thread. I already said I made a mistake I AM HUMAN after all.
    You pay absolutely no attention to advice that people give you that is actually constructive. I tried, others tried, you had not interest in them because it wasn't what you wanted to hear... so you're not worth bothering with.

Unless you actually want constructive advice?

But I doubt it.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Im pretty lucky that my ex's relationship was just a fling and my patients has shown me just how much I care and how willing I am. But now I need to know should I start to rekindle the flame or to even reestablish a relationship between the two or us via text?
    I took some time to think and I FINALLY understand what you ment by my "Self-Entitlement"
    BIG LESSON LEARNED THE HARD WAY, but thank you
    No, you don't understand. Sorry, but your followup posts (such as the one I quoted) say the exact opposite. HIA's posts are just another way of telling you this. He's quite a happy guy, actually.

You get an "F" on this assignment. Go back and think again. Reread my posts and think on the *real* meaning of an apology. Good luck.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Wow Jen12 you really don't get it do you? You f*cked up big time, and that would make him an idiot for taking you back. You can't blame your bf for his friend's actions and punish him by dumping him and then expect to be taken back. Idiots do things like that, and only idiots would take back such an illogical, insecure person. That is the truth. Does it hurt? It probably does, but it is what it is. You can't expect to come to a forum to get honest advice and then have people tell you what you want to hear in a sugar coated way. You don't want truth? Then don't ask unbiased strangers on the internet. If you want to be coddled and told that you are right, and everything you do will succeed, then stick to talking to your biased friends and family.
    ...one can be sure of nothing until it has already happened...

Quote Originally Posted by HeartIsAching View Post
    You pay absolutely no attention to advice that people give you that is actually constructive. I tried, others tried, you had not interest in them because it wasn't what you wanted to hear... so you're not worth bothering with.

Unless you actually want constructive advice?

But I doubt it.
    No I do pay attention but I forgot about this "At the time I thought I was protecting myself but I ended up doing more damage than I ever imagined. Right now im not going to selfishly intervene with what he is doing with this other girl if they break up then maybe that is my second chance to actually show him that all I want is to be happy with him and all of the other s*** doesn't matter. " being caught up in the moment. As hard as it is I pretty much know what I have to do now so thanks.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123