+ Follow This Topic

Thread: We have become boring I need help

We have become boring I need help

My girlfriend and I have been dating for a year now and we both agree that we are boring. shes a cancer and im a virgo so we are both kind of stay at home people. Im asking the women on here if tyhere are any ideas of what we can do to seem less boring. we are both mid 20's so i really dont think it should be like this. i mean we are both very happy with each other i guess i just want to ask. thanx

Staying at home is an exciting part of our relationship! We can cook, watch movies, or just nap together. We can be spontaneous, have sex in every room of the house, then go out to eat.

What would be exciting for you? Give us some direction so we can give you specific ideas to spice up your life. Are you wanting spice in the bedroom, or just in general?
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)

Why not join a co-ed sports team like volleyball, baseball or soccer in a community league? How about wine tasting together or taking a class at night school to learn something that you both are interested in? Take up skating, snow boarding, bike riding... get yourselves out there.

Get out of the house. "You both are stay at home people" is just being lazy ass and using your zodiac sign to justify your lack of motivation. I'm telling you right now if your bored now then as time goes by you're going to seriously get apathetic with one another and you're going to find that your sex life drops off too because sitting around doing nothing is unstimulating to your minds. Sex starts in the mind afterall.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

I'm a taurus and my husband is a cancer. I admit that we are a "boring" couple, but by nature....we are homebodies and love to be in the comfort of our own home and just cook and watch movies and cuddle. We are very happy this way. Cancers are the biggest homebodies at all the zodiac signs. So although you may try to find "exciting" things to do, don't overdue it. Don't try too hard. If the both of you are happy just being as you are....then be it! Ofcourse, it's good to get out of the house once in a while and go out for dinner, bowling, hiking or whatever. You'll probably have to be the one to drag your cancer gf out of the house if you want to be doing anything (i know it's that way with my cancer husband)
    I used to date a gemini and gemini's are wild and adventurous by nature. He was way too fast for me to keep up. He always had plans to do stuff. Although some of it was fun, it was just too much for me. I'm not the type to be out every weekend and we fought a lot about that. In the end, we were just not compatible. With my husband now, i definately find him more my pace of how I like to live my life. Slow & steady.

With my husband now, i definately find him more my pace of how I like to live my life. Slow & steady.
    Whats the age difference between you and the opening poster?
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

^ I'm in my 20's. So no, i'm not an old married grandma

I agree that you need to spice things up once in a while instead of watching tv every night. The way my husband and I "spice" things up is we set "date nights" every couple of weeks. We'll do something fun like get all dressed up for each other and go out for dinner & drinks and then go bowling or something. By the end of the night we had a lot of fun, but can't wait to get all comfy by putting on our Pj's and cuddling on the couch. Date nights are very important to keep that "fire" still going.
    The main important thing though is figuring what her interests are. If my partner tried to drag me to do something I wasn't comfortable in doing...like for example joining a baseball league with him.... I wouldn't have that much fun.

Quote Originally Posted by bcgirl View Post
    I agree that you need to spice things up once in a while instead of watching tv every night. The way my husband and I "spice" things up is we set "date nights" every couple of weeks. We'll do something fun like get all dressed up for each other and go out for dinner & drinks and then go bowling or something. By the end of the night we had a lot of fun, but can't wait to get all comfy by putting on our Pj's and cuddling on the couch. Date nights are very important to keep that "fire" still going.
    Thatswhati'mtalkinabout.. :o)

The main important thing though is figuring what her interests are. If my partner tried to drag me to do something I wasn't comfortable in doing...like for example joining a baseball league with him.... I wouldn't have that much fun.
    No point in "dragging" anyone anywhere. That's just common sense anyway! Suggestions were offered. It's up to them to try them out or bin them.

take a weekend day trip and throw a dart on a map find a good spot to eat enjoy your time together. that always fun.

^^ I'm a taurus too. I prefer to stay home, but I do have to get out sometimes. But with my gf, my home is an exciting place. We love sex, and sex can happen at any time, any place, even when she's bent over typing on the computer. Mmmm...computer sex. Wait. A computer mouse can really do that? I'll be darned.

lol.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)