+ Follow This Topic

Thread: your first reaction please. Honestly

your first reaction please. Honestly

You're going out and chat up to a nice guy you just met. You're both single and in your mid 20s.
    He's goodlooking and social. Fun to hang out with.
    You're interested to find out more and want to see him again.

You have a lot of friends in common and soon you hear from them that he's a virgin.
    Didn't see that one coming. He never seemed shy and you can't think of any reason for it.

What is your first reaction?

Poor guy, let's be friends instead of lovers
    Weird, would he be gay?
    Too bad. I'll look for someone else then

There's a very wide variety in what women say about it.
    I have had an honest conversation about it with a girl I hung out with.
    She said that she doesn't really care but she thinks that the huge majority of women in their 20s do.
    We saw each other every now and then. I'm not sure about her intentions with me but we got along well until I had that conversation with her.
    Afterwards she didn't text me any longer and cancelled most dates.
    I keep thinking that she feels the same about it as other women do but didn't want to tell me to spare me

I've heard a lot of versions. Some say they don't care about the virginity itself, but they do have issues with the insecurities associated with it.
    Others said on forums that they have issues with the clumsyness.

I guess the truth is somewhere in between.
    Usually middle aged women find virgins "cute". I don't know if that's cute as in "sweet" or cute as in " I can dominate that pathetic boy "
    But as far as younger girls are concerned I've never met any who are okay with it.
    Last edited by MynameisJesus; 04-12-11 at 02:49 AM.

For me it's "hot diggity dog!" can't wait to rattle his cage....I've had a virgin or two when I was younger. They are eager to please and learn, excited and wildly passionate.....being their first isn't a bad thing, and it doesn't mean there is something wrong with them....hell no!

Dear if you are lookin to get laid, keep your mouth shut and your pants down....then take it from there.

First thought is, "the likeliness of him having an STD is greatly diminished."

Virginity is not a big deal, unless it is for religious reasons, where I would question whether or not he is sexually repressed.

My dear smackie. I know you would never lie to me. Neither would I ever lie to my friends unless it was to spare them.
    It bothers me that I keep hearing " Ow that's so cute.. I have no problem with it.. I truly respect that " - lines from teenage girls and reality shows that they just say that because they don't want to hurt your feelings. Which is understandable but doesn't help virgins out.
    I really got along well with that girl at the time and the fact that I never hear from her again makes me question the truthfulness of any woman when she says she respects it.

It never bothered me until I was 21. Then it became obvious that my friends make problems of it. As if you are inferior to them.
    I am excited yes and I am eager to learn. However I get the impression that girls think I don't have much sex drive, which is the opposite of reality.

My sister assumes I am less of a man because I don't grow beard. She thinks I just don't have much testosterone.
    However if I don't jack off twice a day I get the feeling that sperm will come out of my ears. So my libido is not the issue

Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    Dear if you are lookin to get laid, keep your mouth shut and your pants down....then take it from there.
    I've known that I should keep my mouth shut for a while now.
    Unfortunately my friends don't