+ Follow This Topic
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Forum Problems

Quote Originally Posted by Petit Papillon View Post
    Bulrush, if you read this : you don't have to report a spammer if you see that he's already DEAD . I banned him this morning, I just didn't have time and the lust to delete all of his spam posts especially because now there isn't even option to delete all spammers posts at once, so yeah IGNORE it and let my and other moderators inboxes live in peace ...
    You can report a spammer that is not banned yet, but if you see he's dead - he IS dead .
    Sorry about that. How would I know if that username/spammer is dead/removed?

The mods here are VOLUNTEERS people. Based on the level of maturity and intellect here, there aren't any possibilities from the regular pool except those who have already said 'no'. And people (like me) SAY no b/c of tools like Lovable, WU, etc.
    I have experience with PHPBB and asked to be a mod here. Kingz said "no". Who do I have to suck so I can help clean up this spam? I'm on this site almost every weekday. So I'm reliable. And I'm fair. And I have known netiquette since 1987. Can anyone top that? Anyone? (If so, how could you get internet access before 1987?) The web opened up in 1988 with the DOS Lynx browser, and my uni got web access in 1989.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)

Petit Papillon is offline Napinacz
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Ehhh you want to be a mod... You can see that someone is dead because under his nickname, there where you have "Registered User" , under his is "DEAD" ...

We don't even know who you are, so I think you will not become a mod...
    I wazzzz here

Sonrisa is offline Gwynplaine
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    i don't mind screening bulrush in private
    mo'Dajvo' pa'wIjDaq je narghpu' He'So'bogh SajlIj

Quote Originally Posted by bulrush View Post
    Kingz said "no". Who do I have to suck so I can help clean up this spam?
    Me. The answer is still no.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I have a problem with a forum. (Not this one.)

It's not there anymore, and now I have no way to get in touch with Chlorine. >:-[
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Sonrisa is offline Gwynplaine
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    ha ha, i had no idea it was gone
    mo'Dajvo' pa'wIjDaq je narghpu' He'So'bogh SajlIj

I think Bullrush would make a good moderator, always has constructive posts and is loyal to the site. perhaps you should reconsider, KingZ. It certainly seems like you need some help and who better than someone who uses the site frequently and well?
    ANY TIME THIS CENTURY WILL DO, AS LONG AS YOU GET IT IN THE END......

I must say it is difficult to post when the site keeps loggin me off and i lose everything. Is there any chance that will be fixed? Is it happening to otheres?
    ANY TIME THIS CENTURY WILL DO, AS LONG AS YOU GET IT IN THE END......

Quote Originally Posted by Gypsybell View Post
    I must say it is difficult to post when the site keeps loggin me off and i lose everything. Is there any chance that will be fixed? Is it happening to otheres?
    Watch out Gypsybell...you are going to get your ass chewed out now!!!

qwertz is offline Chav hater
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Gypsybell View Post
    I think Bullrush would make a good moderator, always has constructive posts and is loyal to the site. perhaps you should reconsider, KingZ. It certainly seems like you need some help and who better than someone who uses the site frequently and well?
    Being a member for 7 months does not = being loyal to the forum.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

In 7 months I have made 1500+ posts. Maybe if I was here 24 months and only made 10 posts I could be a mod? Is time since registration the only criteria? I'm on this site almost every weekday, and some weekends. Don't you know me by the posts I make? You should know by now I take a practical, no nonsense attitude. I believe clueless people often need a kick in the pants, and really clueless people need a hard kick in the pants. Being with the wrong partner can really screw up a person emotionally and financially, and sometimes physically, in the case of physical abusers. I try to steer people that post here away from sociopaths.

Well, if you don't need my help, then that's that. Maybe Kingz has had bad experiences in the past. I know other forums who have had bad mods also. And it severely reduced the user base too. Some forums never recovered. They only have 10-15 core posters that show up weekly.
    Last edited by bulrush; 16-12-11 at 08:48 PM.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)

Petit Papillon is offline Napinacz
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by bulrush View Post
    In 7 months I have made 1500+ posts. Maybe if I was here 24 months and only made 10 posts I could be a mod? Is time since registration the only criteria? I'm on this site almost every weekday, and some weekends. Don't you know me by the posts I make? You should know by now I take a practical, no nonsense attitude. I believe clueless people often need a kick in the pants, and really clueless people need a hard kick in the pants. Being with the wrong partner can really screw up a person emotionally and financially, and sometimes physically, in the case of physical abusers. I try to steer people that post here away from sociopaths.

Well, if you don't need my help, then that's that. Maybe Kingz has had bad experiences in the past. I know other forums who have had bad mods also. And it severely reduced the user base too. Some forums never recovered. They only have 10-15 core posters that show up weekly.
    If not this thread, I wouldn't even know there is some bulrush here ...

And to your information, if you knew this forum well, you'd know that KingZ is not an Admin here and theoretically, it's not his decision . So yeah.
    I wazzzz here

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Who are all the moderators now?
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Quote Originally Posted by Lovable View Post
    Watch out Gypsybell...you are going to get your ass chewed out now!!!
    No dumbass she did not make some stupid assumption like you did she has a technical problem. You have a stipidity pronlem. Mods cant fix that but we can certain diagnose.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Kinda cranky for almost xmas/hanuka/etc

Name:  nothing-holiday-cheer-offset-christmas-ecard-someecards.jpg
Views: 7
Size:  65.5 KB
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast