+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I just don't GET why guys do this???? Please Help!!!

I just don't GET why guys do this???? Please Help!!!

Yep. I've ventured into a nother long-distance relationship because I just can't seem to find the right type of man locally. But, I've decided that if all goes well, I will move to the states (I wouldn't mind). I know he's serious about me cause he introduced me to his mom, his dad, and his friends. He also travelled from the states to visit me in Canada.

Anyway, there a couple things i find odd about my boyfriend. He never texts me first, but when I text him, he always texts me back right away. I asked him about why he never texts me first, and he said he's just not a "phone" person. I've tried it when I don't text/call him for a day and the next day he texts me first. He asks me why didn't you text me yesterday. So I can tell he is thinking about me, though I have no clue why he just can't pick up and text me first more often. Any ideas why guys do this?

Second thing, the main reason I'm writing is cause recently I've been facing a family crisis of where my father is being in the hospital and is terminally ill. I expected my bf to be more there for me i.e. call or text me more often, but its the same thing where he doesn't contact me until I contact him first. A few days in a row, I was really sad and I msged him asking him to call me, but he was really busy at the moment (either at work, or with a friend, or with his parents). He offered to call me at later times but due to the time difference, I said no. It makes me upset though, cause if it were him sad, I would take a few minutes out of spending time with a friend or my parents to call and see how I'm doing...wouldn't anyone who cares do this?

I'm just worried he won't be there in the future at times that I need him the most. I confronted him about how he's always so busy at a time that i need him the most, and he said I shouldn't try and make him feel guilty. He said I should consider the time difference. :S Its three hours by the way. Anyway, any thoughts/opinions would be nice.
    Last edited by shymaira; 05-12-11 at 12:04 AM.

Perhaps his personality is just different than yours in that sense. You are more "needy" and require affection and want your boyfriend there by your side with everything. Maybe he is more independent by nature. Don't get him used to you being the first to text. If he is not making that big of an effort after you had a talk with him about it....then why should you?