+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Asking a girl to be your girlfriend?

Asking a girl to be your girlfriend?

How do you go upon this?

She keeps bringing it up, but I want to do it at the right moment and when were alone. Make it as personal as I can.

Also, what do you say? Obviously, do you want to be my girlfriend, or worded another way? But, I need something to start the conversation.

I was thinking, "i really like you a lot" then go in from there. Tell her how I like spending time with her, and all that jazzy stuff.

What do you think? I'm totally over thinking this. Lol

I think you can bring it up at any time...it doesn't have to be romantic...it's not like your proposing to her! She obviously wants you to bring it up, so the next time you see her or talk to her on the phone...just mention that you'd like your relationship to be exclusive and you'd like it if she was your girlfriend.

Do you want to date her exclusively? During a nice dinner or movie, or snuggle time, just say "I'd like us to date exlusively. What do you think?"
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)

your making this too hard, just say today is the day i want you to be my gf.

You are definitely over-thinking it. Just tie it into a conversation. "Hey, I haven't dated anyone else in a while and don't really want to date anyone other than you. For me, I would say we are exclusive. What about you? Wanna be my girlfriend?" or something like that. You aren't proposing and nothing is going to change in your behavior towards each other. The only thing that will be different is a label and you two won't be going out with other people.

Good luck.
    Brought to you by Dating With Devon!