+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Deleting ex's numbers - Do you ask to be?

Deleting ex's numbers - Do you ask to be?

Have you ever asked someone to delete your number after you've fallen out or has someone asked you to do it?

Situation. Ex fling and I keep getting in to text hell, chat for months it stops, pisses me off few months later kicks off again. (IMHO he shouldnt have me on his phone anyway since he's in a relationship).

I can't block numbers on my phone and I'm not going to change it for one person.Yes I could get stronger and avoid either ever replying or hitting send but we've all been in situations where you felt fine about replying and over time emotions just get dragged up again.

Would it be overly dramatic to just come out and say - we can't keep doing this please delete my number.

Well if he won't delete your number, then he won't even if you ask. He is harassing you and if you respond it will only get worse. Call your cel phone provider and ask if they can block his number for you......it doesn't hurt to ask.

If he won't stop, contact his GF and show her the texts....that will shut him up.

Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    If he won't stop, contact his GF and show her the texts....that will shut him up.

He's not harrassing it's just you get to a point where you figure they're out of your system so feel fine about responding to a - Hi how are you doing? text. It's like they have a sixth sense and you get suckered back in to a shitty place. It's like two years or something. It's not normal to keep on chatting to someone you slept with a couple of times. I can't be that good in bed
    Last edited by stuckies; 05-12-11 at 04:46 AM.

Why even bother reading any of the messages....there is no need to over analyze this any further. What does it really matter to you anyways as to why he still texts you? .....If you really need to know just ask him.

Are you hoping someone will come on here and tell you he might be wanting to get back with you? Are you still in love with him and secretly wish he still cares about you?

lol. no. But as 99% of people who post on here they're looking for an outside perspective. Do you just post to piss over everyone?

I did ask, 'we're both adults' was the dumb answer I got.

Friend I work with is in a relationship went out with a guy at uni then dumped him the guy keeps trying to get in touch sends an occasional thing on FB/Twitter. She's doesnt reply, just deletes it but she still freaks out as to why he does it. Nothing about getting back together just - Happy Birthday etc. They havent spoken in 3 years.

Same thing. Except I've told this one to **** off, grow up and not to contact me 6 months down the line when I've calmed down and don't particularly care he pops back up, friendly as anything like nothing happened.

Hey I have to ask, because there are many who don't want to let go or we only get a small portion of info and a motive seems to pop up later. I'm firm and straight forward to weed out peoples bs......it's just from experience, so don't take it personally.

Since he won't give you anything solid, then it's just worth it to contact your cel phone provider to have his number block....I'm sure they will accommodate.

I have had exes try to contact me even after 5 frickin years.....I never had a problem with them contacting me again after that. I guess you have to be even more assertive, go psycho on their ass to scare them off.

Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    Hey I have to ask, because there are many who don't want to let go or we only get a small portion of info and a motive seems to pop up later. I'm firm and straight forward to weed out peoples bs......it's just from experience, so don't take it personally.

Since he won't give you anything solid, then it's just worth it to contact your cel phone provider to have his number block....I'm sure they will accommodate.

I have had exes try to contact me even after 5 frickin years.....I never had a problem with them contacting me again after that. I guess you have to be even more assertive, go psycho on their ass to scare them off.
    plenty of people don't even know they're self deceiving.

Bunch of nutters when I'm done I'm done they get deleted. Maybe hanging on to numbers is the modern equivalent of hanging on to love letters.

yes possibly.......just like old emails, pics. I'm not one to hang onto anything...when it's over it's over.

You don't have to respond to him at all. You own the phone, not the other way around. Just delete his texts and ignore. He'll get tired of it.

OP, you already have the answer. You included it in your original post when you said, "Yes I could get stronger and avoid either ever replying or hitting send..." That is exactly what you do. You can not control the behavior of anyone else. Only your own.

Good luck.
    Brought to you by Dating With Devon!