+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Can a person really feel this way?

Can a person really feel this way?

I have been talking to a man online for about a week and a half and spoke on the phone once for a couple of hours,we both feel a very strong connection and we feel as though we have known each other for a long time.We are going to meet in a few day's.I feel so much for this man and vice versa and we hav'nt even met,is this normal?Could we possibly fall in love I am scared of instant attraction as sometimes it is mistaken for lust.I don't know how I should play this out when we meet.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Keep your expectations very low. Most of human connection involves body language, which you haven't yet experienced. You may end up loathing this man.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    A week and a half of talking online and on the phone is no measure of a true connection. Just chalk it up to the early stages of new relationships.....that first bit is always the most exciting.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

no, you are not in love. Don't get your hopes up.

My only advice: Don't go to bed with him until you atually get to know him. If you're feeling like this now after only a week of talking to him then if you go to bed with him it's very likely you'll mistake your lust for love even before he's shown you any loving actions or who he really is for that matter.

Best to find out if he's a crass ass (like the last guy), a good guy with true intentions, a serial killer, a dis-ingenuous online player and/or sport fker, before you break your own heart. You're too emotionlly invested through verbal interaction already to be honest which leads you to believe you know him better than you actually do.

To add: This is what you said about the last guy and we all know how that turned out.. seems you're reacting the very same way (moving far to fast) with this one as well. My advice: Don't make jumping in with both feet a pattern for you when it comes to dating..
    I have been dating a man for 3 months now,we became very close within a very short time and we have both told each other we love each other.
    Last edited by Wakeup; 08-12-11 at 11:38 PM.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

go meet him, see ya feel in the 1st 5 mins, if good then you prob just picked somthing decent.

A lot of people mistake the feeling of something "new" for something romantic. It could be the start of something romantic, or it could just be your brain reacting to fresh stimuli. At this point, it is best to allow your logic rule. Let your brain be your guide for a while. It will help keep your heart in check until you have time to figure it out.

Good luck.
    Brought to you by Dating With Devon!

its a new rush. like they all are.

Nothing feels better than that feeling of butterflies in your tummy, the big grin on your face every time you think of him, the attraction towards him, the feeling like your on cloud 9.....then BAM! fast forward a 3 months and reality sets in. He burps, farts, curses just like the rest of em.

My favorite dating site is lovingrich.com It is a serious& safe dating site, the best for online dating beginners and serious people. I found my love here. I have to say it's he best site I have ever joined so far. They verify all members. Unlike other sites,NO scammers or fake profiles here, and you can meet many rich or beautiful singles as well, including celebs, famous stars.BEST OF LUCK!
    [url]http://www.lovingrich.com/[/url]

Well said by Devon. New Relationship Energy, or NRE, is NOT love. It's just hormones and emotions and excitement getting all mixed up. It's normal to get it, and it's normal for it to fade after dating a while. Just go slow and enjoy getting to know him.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)